What's new

Alice Season 6 Up For Pre-Order! (1 Viewer)

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Yes they are, just be sure to order from WA early to get pressed discs. Do NOT order from Amazon. Some reputable 3rd party eBay sellers often have pressed discs later on. I know because that's where I got my MEDICAL CENTRE discs. But since ALICE is a grail for me, I always pre-order just to be sure.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Season 7 was when CBS created a McKeon Family Feud by putting it up against Facts of Life to make room for Gloria.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Season 7 was when CBS created a McKeon Family Feud by putting it up against Facts of Life to make room for Gloria.
Yes I remember that well. It was a tough choice back in '82 to decide which to watch. Looks like most sitcom viewers back then chose FACTS because ALICE tanked on Wednesdays. Luckily, the Canadian affiliate, Global TV, still kept ALICE on Sundays at 9 so I didn't have to miss it. We didn't have the luxury of a VCR yet in our home. Otherwise, it would have been a tough call, but I probably would have watched FACTS on Wednesdays instead of ALICE..

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Are all of these episodes shown in videotape? I noticed a couple of episodes on Antenna TV - "Bet a Million Mel" and "Alice's Big Four Oh" - were shown in HD. But all the episodes appear to be uncut and have the old WB logo.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Yes, the whole show was shot on tape, and what you saw was an upconvert. I can't think of any other show that switched from SD tape to film besides Newhart.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks