Alias gets a Reboot?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by mattCR, May 27, 2010.

1. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    No kidding. With LOST off the air, ABC is trying to woo JJ to do an Alias 2.0 reboot, borrowing some of the ideas of the original, an alternate undercover "evil" CIA agency of sorts and so on...

I'm wondering how this would work.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b183148_this_alias_20_news_too_good_be_true.html

2. Jonny P

Jonny P Supporting Actor

I figure a "24" reboot is likely on the agenda in a few years too...

The reason I say that is because there was an interview with Kiefer Sutherland a few years ago suggesting you could do the concept with all sorts of professions...police officer...fireman...etc.

An "Alias" reboot could work. You wouldn't have to have a female lead (although, I loved Sydney Bristow). You could have all-knew supporting characters. Essentially, you could take the basic concept and retool it from scratch.

Or, you could have the show deal with the children of Sydney and Vaughn (although, I'd prefer it if they'd start fresh).

Two of TV's most "buzzworthy" shows (with great cult followings) left us this season when "24" and "Lost" ended their respective runs. Sure, they might not have attained the ratings they once did, but they were perfect fodder for DVRing and online discussions. I mean, how many people were waiting with baited breath to find out what happened in the "CSI: Miami" season finale?

I watched "Alias" from beginning to end. And while the ratings suffered after a move to Thursdays (terrible time slot for the show), I typically enjoyed it.

3. Diallo B

Diallo B Screenwriter

how about no.

hollywood, we want NEW ideas....................

4. Hanson

Hanson Producer

Hanson
    Yeah, but they want a built in audience and enough name recognition to save on promo costs. OF course, that's the wrong way to go about it, but that's what the bean counters want.

It's like, the hottest new show on TV is Glee. Instead of looking for their own Glee, they are looking for a Glee clone. They don't get it... most of the time.

If the Alias reboot is good, all is forgiven, right?

5. Brent M

Brent M Producer

I loved Alias and if Abrams was involved I'd be on board in a heartbeat.

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

How about a show where the leading spy character sings their inner monologue on missions and before mission?

7. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor

8. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

9. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

If it's in real time and the whole season takes place in one day, I'm all for it. There should also be a British guy who says harsh things and some people who were in a plane crash.

10. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Second Unit

Chip
    I was half-expecting them to do an Alias spin off with Balthazar Getty and the female agent they brought in during the last season. In fact, I was kind of hoping for it. Bring Marshall along, and maybe Dixon as boss...

But I think they killed too many characters off....

11. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt

Or maybe going another way, a dancing baby and a woman obsessed with a desire for kids and still being a spy while discovering her ex now works in the same spy-operation..

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Or how about a spy baby with an intersect in his head, goes on missions with his handler partner, "mom".

13. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Any future Alias show must explain how the Rambaldi device ends powering Spock's ship in Star Trek!