What's new

Alias - 5/2/04 - Legacy (1 Viewer)

Graham Perks

Second Unit
Erm... well... he's inside a fairly dark closed up storage room. What's he going to see that's worth flipping the scope covers for?

I hadn't realized he's left-handed.

You would think the CIA would have a team looking for Sark and Lauren. Just have them follow Syd & Vaugn around and they'll soon find their mark :)

John_VI

Second Unit
HE actually did only flip up the rear cover and then look thru the scope. Anyone with any shooting experience would immediately catch that little blunder. Looking thru the scope in a storage room isn't so very odd....it's simply practicing the act of sighting and shooting. But to take the time to flip up the rear cover and leave the front cover down was just shoddy.

Kevin - Comparing TWW and Alias is just, well, unseemly. There couldn't be two more different shows on TV than these two. No comparison of the plot, characters or story arc could possibly be valid. Saying that one show is well written and acted while the other is poorly written and acted is valid, but still a bit creepy given how different the shows are. I've never watched a single episode of TWW because I cannot stand to sit thru a 1 hour TV show and be preached to by a political ideology not-so-cleverly disguised as a television drama.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I agree that the show is just... getting lame.

At least Sydney USED to have a home life. It's like this is all these people do.

The plot threads, flubs, bad dialogue, bad CGI, and everything else is just bugging me. I hope they can recover, because this season is definitely the low point of the series.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
You can't compare most things with Sorkin's The West Wing and come out favorably. Comparisons with this season's The West Wing might turn out differently, though it did improve as the season went on.

Still, Alias has been very exciting this season. I was suspicious of the jump ahead by two years, but they managed to get a lot accomplished this season by doing that. I am a bit upset that we have to wait three weeks for the season finale, but I am looking forward to see just what will happen.

Good point Travis about not using the brain wave tracking, but I think I have a possible answer. Injecting Nadia with the Rambaldi fluid distorted her brain waves. [Of course, they shouldn't have been able to use this tracking in the first place.]

Neil

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I wasn't impressed with last nights episode either. It seems like the same almost every week. They have to get something or someone, they talk with Marshall, go on their way, discover interference (The overused Sark and now Lauren)and then they get out of it and are home safe in time for dinner.
What Vaughn did was just stupid and a lot of people could have been killed. This is suppose to be a good agent?
I thought that once they revealed Lauren as bad there might be something else to her other than pointing guns. Shes very one dimensional now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I kept thinking last night's episode was the episode that Weiss would be revealed as a bad guy as well (due to early season speculation). Weiss seemed out of sorts in the episode (like when Vaughn and Weiss almost shoot each other as Vaughn is chasing the Blondies. And not getting the sat-feed Vaughn wanted.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Why did Toni have a gun? I can understand the CIA bringing her along for breaking in, but arming her?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
How can Sark pull guns from concealment and shoot both guards who already have their weapons drawn and (at least one) aimed, but when Vaughn arrives, none of them can hit each other -- and Vaughn has an SMG.

I know that the comes-and-goes marksmanship is part of the premise of the show to make the "action scenes" exciting, but it irked me more than usual this time.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu

Because it looks cooler than if she had been running unarmed saying "bang bang bang".

I'm hoping in 3 weeks they'll bring the whole Rambaldi story to a new arc or finish it up. The last two seasons had explosive finales which were also cliffhangers, so does anyone know if season 3 will end like this or with closure, ala 24 Season 3?

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

Spoiler sources from other websites, I'm not giving anything away when I say this, say that the series could end with closure until the last five minutes of the finale in which a new story arc is introduced. Sounds good to me.

Rob T

Screenwriter

It was stated that they were all being used to monitor the nuclear tests that were going on in the Baltic sea. Maybe that's why they couldn't do the brain wave search.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

I gotta defend this one.

No, no, no. The West Wing is absolutely not a political propoganda piece. I know card carrying members of the Republican party who love the show as much as anybody else. Politics is the backdrop for drama. Aaron Sorkin does not sit down every day and say "Hmm, how shall I promote my liberal agenda today?". Give the show a chance. Watch one episode all the way through and then come back and tell me how you feel about it. (Make sure you watch one from Seasons 1-4 not the one on NBC right now)

Evan Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you Pat. I think comparing two radically different shows that are not in the same genre defies logic. A fair comparison would be 24 or La Femme Nikita.

Back to last night's episode, I am encouraged that we should soon see Rimbaldi's endgame, and not long after that, hopefully get rid of Rimbaldi altogether. If any thing, I would like to see the show move in a more plausible, 24 like direction (sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it).

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

Yes, Sydney is going to find herself 20 years into the future in the last five minutes this time :D

Sounds like we are in for some surprise. I'm looking forward to it.

Neil

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Nope. Sydney will find out that she's in a parallel universe and she can fly. She'll have to abandon her life and assume a secret identity as Elektra Natchios, thus revealing the secretive plan by Fox and Disney to launch the Elektra spinoff not theatrically, but on the small screen. :D

John_VI

Second Unit
Or how about she wakes up to find that the past one-and-a-half seasons (everything after the 2003 Superbowl episode) was a horrible dream, that SD-6 is still alive and kicking, Sloan is still a super-arch-enemy, she's still a double agent, and "Alias" is still be best show on TV? And while we're exploring this fantasy, how about - during the dream - she underwent some.....[how to say this in a sensitive manner]......augmentation.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.....I'm a letcherous bastard!!

Kevin - We'll agree to disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks