What's new

Alan Ladd Collection Vol 3 From Down Under Has Anyone Seen This (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
This looks like a Great set the third Vol 34.00 at Amazon says region free and NTSC would grab it just for Saskatchewan. Wish Kino would give us a set like this!
1640655592961.png

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I already have Saskatchewan on blu ray, And Now Tomorrow on DVD and China is coming on blu ray from Kino Lorber so this set doesn't hold much interest for me. I do have the previous two sets however.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I didn't even know about this series. Volume 2 looks very interesting to me for Ladd's under released 1950s films, including The Black Knight!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I already have Saskatchewan on blu ray, And Now Tomorrow on DVD and China is coming on blu ray from Kino Lorber so this set doesn't hold much interest for me. I do have the previous two sets however.
Thats what is holding me back a bit I have Saskatchewan on MOD with the TCM label I know China is coming from Kino - Boy I wish Kino would do a set like this. Being region free and NTSC will it play on DVD players here in the states? The price is great $34.00 I would love to add Lucky Jordan to my collection too so this set has a lot of value.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I didn't even know about this series. Volume 2 looks very interesting to me for Ladd's under released 1950s films, including The Black Knight!
I had to go for a APL version to get the Black Knight DVD. Next to Shane, The Iron Mistress is my favorite Allen Ladd movie. These could all use a BRD remastered effort, but that's just me - LOL!!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Ordered the set, to upgrade Saskatchewan from MOD to DVD works for me, looking forward to China and I like Lucky Jordan - never saw the other film in the set, had a gift card and points on one of my cards so it only cost me 15.00 and change so I said what the heck! Even better - did not cost me had another gift card was able to cancel and reorder. Watching the moolah until I recover and can work.

Last edited:

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Thats what is holding me back a bit I have Saskatchewan on MOD with the TCM label I know China is coming from Kino - Boy I wish Kino would do a set like this. Being region free and NTSC will it play on DVD players here in the states? The price is great $34.00 I would love to add Lucky Jordan to my collection too so this set has a lot of value.
Same with me. I am hoping Kino does put Lucky Jordan on blu. Could happen at some point.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Botany Bay 1953 is another title of Ladds that is almost impossible to find, along with The Black Knight...so a Blu-ray set or indivigual Blu-ray releases are warrented!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks