What's new

Airport 50th Collection and Empire Records 25th Anniversaries? (2 Viewers)

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Someone should get in touch with Universal or Shout Factory and see about getting a complete Blu/4K collection set out for next year. If Universal themselves aren't interested then Shout could easily release all 4 films in a collection under their Shout Select banner.
Agreed!

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Kaskade, your enthusiastic post got me to watch Airport 77. I’ve always only watched Airport and Airport 75. But I was not as enthusiastic about the 3rd and 4th films. I had not seen Airport 77 in a long time, so totally forgot the exact plot of the hijack and the cast members except Jack Lemmon and Jimmy Stewart. Arthur Kennedy‘s reason for being there wasn’t too clear except to lend his expertise on the 747 structure. It was an ok sequel in the franchise. The visuals were pretty good. The Blu ray did look really good!
Glad I could spur someone's interest in the franchise again.

Interesting tidbit about AIrport 77: There is an unedited extended version of this film that actually adds back in footage that explains the heist a bit more. The opening sequence depicts the guys stealing the sleeping gas from a military facility (if I remember correctly) and goes into detail in other areas.

It would be nice for a studio to restore this entry in the franchise and include this uncut version for fans (though it does make the running time exhaustively long, as it almost plays like a made-for-TV mini series; probably the reason why it's been left off DVD/BD versions).

Do you have a standalone Blu-ray of the sequel?

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Yeah, I'm reading up on it now...

Seems the mono tracks from the DVDs were simply ported over to the Blu-rays and morphed into DTS-HD Master Audio mono; disappointing.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I‘ve been enjoying the blu rays for several years! See post 30. :) They look great. But it would be interesting if they ever make a 4K release.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Yeah, would definitely be interesting to see these films in restored 4K resolution...may be one thing that can pry my Terminal Pack out of my cold fingers!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks