What's new

Pre-Order Airplane! (1980) (Remastered Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71nnrq8lihL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Don't kill the messenger. I am not certain if this is truly remastered over the prior release
Ron,

I don't think so as those 2020 releases were remastered from a 4K scan that I have on iTunes in 4K/Dolby Vision. Below is the cover art to those two July, 2020 BD releases on Amazon. One is a "Paramount Presents" Blu-ray and the other is a 40th Anniversary LE Steelbook Blu-ray. The Steelbook BD is still available on Amazon for $17.99 and it might be a retailer exclusive. The "Paramount Presents" BD appears to be only available through 3rd party sellers on Amazon. DD has it on backorder and BB is out-of-stock too, so that might be the reason for this upcoming release.

1658222785627.png
1658222807202.png

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron,

I don't think so as those 2020 releases were remastered from a 4K scan that I have on iTunes in 4K/Dolby Vision. Below is the cover art to those two July, 2020 BD releases on Amazon. One is a "Paramount Presents" Blu-ray and the other is a 40th Anniversary LE Steelbook Blu-ray. The Steelbook BD is still available on Amazon for $17.99 and it might be a retailer exclusive. The "Paramount Presents" BD appears to be only available through 3rd party sellers on Amazon. DD has it on backorder and BB is out-of-stock too, so that might be the reason for this upcoming release.

View attachment 145525 View attachment 145526

Thanks, Robert.

I pretty much figured this was a duplicate transfer.

I have been seeing a bothersome trend from Paramount and Universal where they are just dropping previously available Blu-ray releases with revamped artwork.

Outside of AIRPLANE (which I know has been previously available), it's very difficult to remember what has been previously released and what is different with the newest offering.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
So…

We have Paramount Presents - the top of the food chain, Steelbook - for those with plastic allergies, and re-mastered, presumably because of technical advances since the Presents Blu was released.

As this was originally shot in NaturalVision, I’m hopeful for a 4k.

Is the forthcoming Re-mastered the one to beat?

Will it be re-released as a 4k Laserdisc?

Will we ever see Airplane as intended - in SuperCineColor?

When will the studio release the un-cut NC-17 version?

These questions, and more, will be answered in the coming weeks!

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
So…

We have Paramount Presents - the top of the food chain, Steelbook - for those with plastic allergies, and re-mastered, presumably because of technical advances since the Presents Blu was released.

As this was originally shot in NaturalVision, I’m hopeful for a 4k.

Is the forthcoming Re-mastered the one to beat?

Will it be re-released as a 4k Laserdisc?

Will we ever see Airplane as intended - in SuperCineColor?

When will the studio release the un-cut NC-17 version?

These questions, and more, will be answered in the coming weeks!
I am hoping for a 4K laserdisc. It's been a while since i bought my last one.

Last edited:

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I am hoping for a 4K laserdisc. It's been a while since i bought my last one.
Was just notified of a rumor (rumour for our friends to the north) that the original 3D version may be released via two synchronized CED discs. All those 3D fans had better stock up on bicycle chains.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
What I would like to see in a future release of this film (but knows well by now it's never going to happen though) is one where all the features aren't crammed into that long haul version.

Whoever thought that was a good idea to begin with is beyond me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks