What's new

Advice on Speaker Selection for Atmos in-ceiling (1 Viewer)

filmgeek47

Auditioning
Real Name
Charlie
Hi there,
First time poster. Planning out an upgrade to add Atmos to my existing home theater. I already have a solid 7.1 setup and a receiver that can do 7.1.2.

I'm trying to figure out what speakers to by for the ceiling channels. My fronts are Martin Logan (motion 40s and a 30 center). Running polk rti bookshelves in the back at the moment.

I was looking at the Martin Logan Helos 12, or the electromotion IC models, but I'm not finding much info on anyone using them for Atmos specifically. I'd prefer to go with the Helos to save some cash, but I want to make sure they're going to measure up.

Would love to get any advice you have!

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
Hi there,
First time poster. Planning out an upgrade to add Atmos to my existing home theater. I already have a solid 7.1 setup and a receiver that can do 7.1.2.

I'm trying to figure out what speakers to by for the ceiling channels. My fronts are Martin Logan (motion 40s and a 30 center). Running polk rti bookshelves in the back at the moment.

I was looking at the Martin Logan Helos 12, or the electromotion IC models, but I'm not finding much info on anyone using them for Atmos specifically. I'd prefer to go with the Helos to save some cash, but I want to make sure they're going to measure up.

Would love to get any advice you have!

The Polk 6 inch speakers I installed a month ago in-ceiling speakers sound Great and won’t break the bank. RC60i

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks