What's new

Adjusting crossover on my Kenwood HTB-504 (1 Viewer)

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I looked at some of the other threads on crossover adjustment and found myself getting progressively more confused, so I thought the direct approach would be best.

What should I do about crossover on my HTB-504?

I doubt I've done anything to the little knob on the back of the sub since I set it up. One thing I keep noticing is that the sub will cycle on and off occasionally, mostly when I'm watching TV (I think it automatically turns off after a certain period of not being used).

Oh, and because I seem to be incapable of starting a thread and asking only one question: is it OK to have my sub plugged into one of the switched outlets on the back of my receiver?

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Your sub should have an on/off crossover button. I would just leave the crossover at off. This is what I did when I had my Kenwood HTB and it worked fine.

As for plugging your sub into your receiver, if there is a wall outlet that you can use I would use that instead. But I'm not sure if it makes a difference.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Push your crossover button in to disable crossover.You might want to plug your sub in the wall or a strip instead.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Crossover switch to off, plug not into the receiver. Gotcha.

Just out of curiosity, what do I risk harming by plugging the sub into the receiver?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsystems82
Recent bookmarks