What's new

Actual Poll: Gaming Console (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I'm loathe to activate yet another "which one" console post, but in the interest of adding some clarity I'm setting this up as an actual poll. This is a great feature of the vBulletin software and will actually tabulate results for quick reference. For those looking for reasons behind why one console is better then another look no further than the search engine. There are many threads devoted to this topic.

Have fun.

DonWinzen

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent home theatre; and tell your wife she is an excellent interior decorator. Incredible. I am planning a home theater in the basement of the home I will be moving into March 30. Wish me luck!

Camp

Senior HTF Member
What's your basis for selecting those particular consoles?

If you're going to include the SNES you need to have the Genesis there...if you have the PSX and N64 you should really have the Saturn, 3DO, Jaguar and maybe even the CD-I

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I've owned multiple consoles but only a few of which could qualify as my favorite. While X Box has the potential to be #1 with time a month of playing Halo, Nascar Thunder and NHL 2k2 aren't enough to make it the best. Nintendo, Genesis, and Super Nintendo were cool but my exposure to those was limited because I couldn't afford to buy very many games. The only ones that could qualify as best are Dreamcast, Playstation, and Nintendo 64. Out of those I pick Playstation because I had the most fun with it.

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
How could the SNES be on the list? It's not a next generation system. The SNES was not nearly as good as the NES which wasn't on the list. However, if the poll is going back to the 16-bit era... Where is Sega Genesis?

Kip

Stunt Coordinator
However, if the poll is going back to the 16-bit era... Where is Sega Genesis?
The poll includes consoles from previous generations and is not limited soley to next gen consoles. As Jay stated above, he selected the systems based on the consoles that had revieved the most votes and attention in previous text based polls.

Kip

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If I had to choose, I would say PSX, but since the PS2 plays PSX games, should I consider the PS2 to be the PSX and PS2, and thus, vote for the PS2?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
None of my favorites are represented in this poll. Atari 2600 gets my biggest vote. Others *might* include Genesis, Intellivision, GameGear, perhaps even the 3D0. SNES and Playstation come in around the 3D0 level, but only just. NES is shortly behind those.

Mark_HD

Grip
i'm high on the fact that XBOX uses natural 16:9 and progressive scan technology in it's current games ... eventually high definition. there's no question who's king ... XBOX!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks