What's new

ACI Maestro... (1 Viewer)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
The official AV123 nickname for the new pre-amp processor and 7 channel power amp. Full name "Emotiva DMC-1 Pre-amp and MPS-1 Seven channel power amp"

Emo Twin is WAY less typing...;)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Mark Seaton, Is there truth that the slightly larger B-Deap subwoofer will be called the B oundary I ndependent G argantuan S subwoofer H ammering I ntense T unes ?

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Mark,

Thanks for the most explicit narrative! I find it truly fascinating...

quote:

"This is in fact the same configuration I use in most home theaters. You can get the same effect by replacing one of the boxes with a wall in a corner. "thebland's" theater talked about on AVS forum and a few others are set up in this manner, where the front visible face of the subwoofers backs up to their MicroPerf screens. What is also interesting is that this configuration doesn't radiate like a point source through much of its range. The pattern in fact has much reduced energy in the plane of the wall the subs are loaded on (front wall in this case). As such, the most predominant frequency response problems are room length (less than the width and height) related with this configuration. In the larger rooms I have installed these setups in, > 17' x 30', the low end is flat to 30Hz with a gradual roll-off below there. In two systems where I had a single B-DEAP in smaller rooms, the low end was flat to the mid-high 20s at the seats before EQ. The -3dB point in these cases was between 25-28Hz."

Providing that you are at liberty to make public such information to begin with, of course, do you happen to remember what are "thebland" sound system's actual and effective low frequency response, as well as its maximum SPL output? Just curious...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton

Reality strikes though, as I challenge you to show me a 4-6kg 18" PR. There are ways around this, but the point is that they are not off the shelf options or parts.

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton

No problem, as it had been talked about in great detail on the AVS forum. I didn't really do any specific maximum output testing. All of the testing was done at the listening area at about a 20' distance in this 17.5' x 8.5' x 30' room. In short, I didn't have the B&K meter with to test the range above 28Hz, as we were really only concerned with having "enough." I did have the calibrated mic and TEF with, so this wasn't a correction factor on a RadioShack meter. I stopped at 120dB at the listening position down to 25Hz. In their own testing, Chris Collins, the local installer and calibrator, was able to peg the RS meter at 126dB above 30Hz. They were able to reach 120dB from 20Hz up. I myself stopped measurements at about 100-105dB at 10Hz, but they had measured it to 110dB. The final EQ'd response is matched smoothly to the mains (our runts) at ~80Hz, with the response starting to rise below 50-60Hz. The response shelves up to about 6+dB at 25Hz, and then starts downward to cross the 80Hz level at about 14Hz and maybe 6dB down at 10Hz. The K2 has a high pass at 8Hz protecting the quad 12s below that point. This room is constructed very solidly, and is why we are able to get so much sub 20Hz energy. Above 20Hz, there is an growing magnifier on the drivers motion, so they physically work very little above 30Hz.

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton

Craig - Know that all of us at the office had a healthy laugh off of that one. The scarry part is that it's exactly the type of names we throw around at the brainstorming meetings when we are trying to figure out product names.... :rolleyes

While I'm sure the rock & roll touring crowd might think it's catchy, I'm guessing our house of worship customers might raise an eyebrow or two when that name showed up on a proposal.

Actually, we tenatively plan to name the still to be designed, monster of the family, the bDeap-Est. :cool:

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"That is correct Frank 240/415v 50Hz..."

Thanks, Richard; I thought so...

"BTW I was/still a Sparky in a previous life."

:D :D

"If you ever do make it down this way Frank you are most welcome to come by my humble abode and sample some of the local refreshments."

That would be really super!... :)

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Mark... B-Deap-EST ???? Oh Man... I am cringing here... I would call it "The Prenuptial" ... because of the divorces it will cause ... :emoji_thumbsup:

Or the "Code 10-50" ... from the NYC police code for excess noise - disturbing the peace... ;)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Well Craig your Thread is only on page six and the Maestro has shipped. Would you agree things are moving along at a pretty good clip now? :D

>>"Brown" picked your Maestro up late this afternoon. Won't be long now Thanks again! AH Wednesday is the big arrival.;) Great!

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Steve... My personal record was 14 pages before the product shipped... :laugh: ... That was the Denali Subwoofer from Acoustic Visions...

Next you guys get to hear me complain about how heavy the Maestro... and by the 12th page, I may actually have something meaningful to say... ;)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I may actually have something meaningful to say...
__________________________________________________ _______

14 pages! Now thats pretty darn good Craig. I for one really enjoy the humor you bring to the Forum. Yes the knowledge and the reviews are very nice but after a long day> I think the mixed in humor sits very well. With me anyway. Good natured jabs don't seem to affect you either. (A good thing)

Ok enough of this dribble and back to the show :b

BASSTRO MAESTRO, Page 12 it is then.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Steve... To help you with future abuse... dribble is akin to drooling... I think you meant drivel ... I specialize in drivel... ;)

And yes, Good Natured ribbing is cool... Speaking of which, if anyone sees Cam McFarland around, tell him to stop by this thread... I think he takes my ribbing him on DIY stuff TOO seriously...

CAM .. it IS just for fun...

And Steve, Glad you like the humor... I noticed before the first review that people take this stuff WAY too personally...

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Steve... To help you with future abuse... dribble is akin to drooling... I think you meant drivel ... I specialize in drivel...
__________________________________________________ _____

Well to be honest with you the dribble statement was directed towards myself and yes you are correct in your correction of my use of the word dribble. Now I am very angry and am going to go sulk for 5 days because I cant take a little ribbing:laugh: :laugh: Enough of this abu I mean dribble ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks