What's new

UHD Review A Few Words About A few words about...™ - Transformers: Rise of the Beasts -- in 4k UHD (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts is (if I'm counting correctly) the fifteenth film in the highly heralded series, based upon a series of toys that arrived in 1980 via Takara Toys.

To date, one must believe that it's the most successful series of films based upon a toy.

I'll not pretend to understand the background of the series. Enjoyed Bumblebee, but beyond that, it's just not my thing.

What I can tell you is the both visual and aurally, the new 4k UHD from Paramount is stellar quality, with beautiful imagery and a Dolby Atmos track.

Packaged in both plastic and Steelbook formats, the Steelbook is the clear winner, and may accrue huge dividends from one's investment over plastic. Only time will tell.

The imagery appears to be two of the lead Transformers. Have no idea which one is on the obverse, but the reverse appears to be the rip snortin' King Kong Transformer.

Image – 5 (HDR)

Audio – 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Plays nicely with projectors - Yes

Makes use of and works well in 4k - 8

Worth your attention - 10 (for Transformers fans)

Recommended

RAH

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Packaged in both plastic and Steelbook formats, the Steelbook is the clear winner, and may accrue huge dividends from one's investment over plastic. Only time will tell.

I don't know about that.
  • Mr. McGuire: I just want to say one word to you. Just one word.
  • Benjamin: Yes, sir.
  • Mr. McGuire: Are you listening?
  • Benjamin: Yes, I am.
  • Mr. McGuire: Plastics.
  • Benjamin: Exactly how do you mean?
  • Mr. McGuire: There's a great future in plastics. Think about it. Will you think about it

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
If only the steelbook had been encased in a slipcover, this would have been the release of the century. Fear not collectors, I sense this technological collectability breakthrough is just around the corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks