What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Clovehitch Killer - in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Those adept at knot-tying will recognize the subject of the title.

https://www.animatedknots.com/clove-hitch-knot-rope-end

The IFC film, released via Scream Factory has me befuddled, and that doesn't occur too often.

As directed by Duncan Skiles, Clovehitch is a neat little thriller of the serial killer kind.

Decidedly low-budget, but peopled with real actors - Dylan McDermott, Charlie Plummer, Samantha Mathis, and you'll recognize Madisen Beaty as one of the Manson ladies in Once Upon a Time...

I don't believe I'm giving anything away by telling you that Charlie Plummer thinks his dad may be a serial killer, and teams with Beaty to figure things out. It's an interesting tale.

My problem with the disc is that I'm doubtful that any DP would purposefully expose a film to be as thin-looking as this. Dark scenes are about as open as they can be, while bright seem fine.

An odd thing for what some might consider a noir thriller.

If I were hazard a guess, I'd believe that the wrong master may have been delivered for compression and authoring, - one that had not been fully timed. But that's just a guess.

And because I don't know, you'll find no Image rating below.

Image – ?

Audio – 5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Pass / Fail – ?

Recommended

RAH

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks