What's new

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Both Cate Blanchett and Michelle Yoeh did exceptional work last year, and these are two very different roles As is often the case, there is more than one nominee who would be deserving of the win.

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
Both Cate Blanchett and Michelle Yoeh did exceptional work last year, and these are two very different roles As is often the case, there is more than one nominee who would be deserving of the win.
If it weren’t for Blanchett’s performance here, Yeoh would be absolutely a shoo in. But this magnificent, towering character Blanchett brings to life is as complex and multi-faceted as any I’ve seen in years. Timing and, unfortunately, social dynamics too often play into award seasons, and I agree Everything Everywhere All at Once appears to have popular momentum, but for me Cate Blanchett has proven once again she’s in the top rank of actors actively working today.

Last edited:

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
If Blanchett had not already been awarded multiple Oscars, she'd be a lock to win for this. But, she already has multiple trophies, she has nothing to prove or even really be gained by another Oscar, and she seems content enough to step aside and let the other nominees have their moment. Good on her.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Sorry fans but it’s Michelle’s time. Cate already has 2. She really should have won for Elizabeth over Paltrow but sadly she wasn’t “working” for Harvey nor Spielberg’s godchild at the time .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks