What's new

Blu-ray Review International A Few Words About A few words about…™ Revenge – in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
There must be a recipe for these films.

Set up a great plot, where the viewer is rooting for the avenger.

Blend in a bit of Atomic Blonde, a pinch of Wick, a touch of Polanski, and then cast Liam Neeson as the put-upon lead.

Except the lead here is Matilda Lutz. Born in Milan with an Italian mother and an American father, is beautiful, and as is noted in the film - has a great ass.

Here's the set-up.

She travels to Morocco with a chiseled hunk, who she thinks is her new boyfriend. Except that he's married and just having fun with her.

Shortly after they arrive at a very high-end desert home, two of Mr. Hunks friend arrive a day early. They've planned to go hunting after Jen helicopters out.

Except that Jen is playful and cute and makes one of Hunk's friends think she has the hots for him - she doesn't.

When Hunk goes off for a couple of hours, she's raped - and that's only the beginning.

Viewers will be fully on her side in one of the most gruesome, bloodiest revenge thrillers I've ever seen.

And get this. As directed by Coralie Fargeat, and released in 2018, it's actually a really good film.

What dialogue there is, and it's sparse, is in French (sub-titled) and English.

As far as I can tell, Revenge was shot on film, the Blu-ray from Second Sight Films is Region B, and the final result could have passed for 4k - although it wasn't.

More than enough special features to satisfy those who seek more information.

For those who can stomach some grisly action and gallons of fake blood, here's one for you.

Watch it get re-made domestically.

And Ms Lutz. I see her career moving along nicely.

Image – 5

Audio – 5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Works up-rezzed to 4k - Beautifully

Highly Recommended

RAH

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks