What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Kismet -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
classicmovieguy said:
I'm pretty sure it was also included in the 2-disc DVD of "Seven Brides...".
Yes, you are correct Byron.

sevenbrides.jpg

Now for the BLU-RAY including The Jubilee Overture if it ever hopefully eventuates.

Doug.

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
There were also Wide Screen (ie. 1.77:1) versions shot of BRIGADOON and ROSE MARIE. I saw the latter in a cinema in the '70's. Would be nice to see them released for the sake of comparison with, say, a blu ray release of these titles.
I remember in the '70's, a cinema in Melbourne played THE ROBE for the 25th anniversary of CinemaScope. Fox mistakenly shipped out a print of the flat version (which turned up on the Blu Ray release, though in a PIP (Picture in Picture) presentation which is not easy to view and adequately discern its merits/flaws.). I'm guessing they probably also did a 1.77:1 version of THE STUDENT PRINCE as it was shot in 1954. Anyone know when MGM ceased doing this? Was there a flat version of HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE made? I believe they finished that before THE ROBE.
The JUBILEE OVERTURE is also on my LD boxed set of the THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT! movies, which was beautifully produced. Coming late to a movie in the '50's was not a good idea- unlike today!

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
lionel59 said:
There were also Wide Screen (ie. 1.77:1) versions shot of BRIGADOON and ROSE MARIE. I saw the latter in a cinema in the '70's. Would be nice to see them released for the sake of comparison with, say, a blu ray release of these titles.
I remember in the '70's, a cinema in Melbourne played THE ROBE for the 25th anniversary of CinemaScope. Fox mistakenly shipped out a print of the flat version (which turned up on the Blu Ray release, though in a PIP (Picture in Picture) presentation which is not easy to view and adequately discern its merits/flaws.). I'm guessing they probably also did a 1.77:1 version of THE STUDENT PRINCE as it was shot in 1954. Anyone know when MGM ceased doing this? Was there a flat version of HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE made? I believe they finished that before THE ROBE.
The JUBILEE OVERTURE is also on my LD boxed set of the THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT! movies, which was beautifully produced. Coming late to a movie in the '50's was not a good idea- unlike today!
I believe Metro ceased the dual production sometime in 1954, but I'm sure Bob Furmanek could confirm this.

Would love to see an anamorphic Jubilee Overture. Maybe included with a bd of Seven Brides For Seven Brothers? Wishful thinking all the way around.

Edward Weinman

Stunt Coordinator
JoelA said:
I believe Metro ceased the dual production sometime in 1954, but I'm sure Bob Furmanek could confirm this.

Would love to see an anamorphic Jubilee Overture. Maybe included with a bd of Seven Brides For Seven Brothers? Wishful thinking all the way around.
Why?...if they did it once, they can do it again...(yes, wishful thinking!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks