What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ ex machina -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Those who read my original few words regarding Alex Garland's ex machina almost two years ago, will know that I hold this film in high regard.

Lionsgate has now released the film in a new 4k Blu-ray, with HDR, and the upgrade is as obvious as it is mesmerizing.

Lionsgate has a superb record of offering true 4k product, and this is yet another example.

Everything is more highly resolved, with rich black black, and subtle highlights and shadow details.

Track remains DTS:X, which is full and all-emcompassing.

I tend to look askance at publicity quotes, as those seeking to add them to packaging usually have to dig deep to find someone with true experience, giving praise.

This one rings absolutely true.

Peter Travers, of Rolling Stone, is quoted: "A mesmerizing spellbinder. You've never seen anything like it. Oh, baby, you you no idea."

For those who have not yet experienced this film, I suggest that you grab a 4k copy pronto. A standard Blu-ray is included for those who have not yet upgraded.

I'm supremely jealous of those seeing this for the first time.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (DTS:X)

Pass / Fail - Pass

Worth the upgrade - Totally

Highly Recommended

RAH

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Fantastic, this is another title that as soon as I saw the pre-order go up I ordered. I agree with you 100% it is one of those movies that you walk away going wow!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I didn't know that.

Well, now that I begin to read actual reviews of the disc, it appears that a commentary has NOT been added. This pisses me off, because earlier reports of one led me to order this, in spite of the fact that I am probably years away from converting to 4K.

old mole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
Those who read my original few words regarding Alex Garland's ex machina almost two years ago, will know that I hold this film in high regard.

Lionsgate has now released the film in a new 4k Blu-ray, with HDR, and the upgrade is as obvious as it is mesmerizing.

Lionsgate has a superb record of offering true 4k product, and this is yet another example.

Everything is more highly resolved, with rich black black, and subtle highlights and shadow details.

Track remains DTS:X, which is full and all-emcompassing.

I tend to look askance at publicity quotes, as those seeking to add them to packaging usually have to dig deep to find someone with true experience, giving praise.

This one rings absolutely true.

Peter Travers, of Rolling Stone, is quoted: "A mesmerizing spellbinder. You've never seen anything like it. Oh, baby, you you no idea."

For those who have not yet experienced this film, I suggest that you grab a 4k copy pronto. A standard Blu-ray is included for those who have not yet upgraded.

I'm supremely jealous of those seeing this for the first time.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (DTS:X)

Pass / Fail - Pass

Worth the upgrade - Totally

Highly Recommended

RAH

old mole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
Is the standard Blu-Ray included with the UHD and upgrade over the previously released Blu-Ray?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks