What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Escape Plan -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Stallone

Schwarzenegger

Escape Plan

Viewers should know where this is going.

But the film, which was not well reviewed, is a decent prison break-out drama / action thriller.

And Mr. Stallone (nominated for a Razzie for his performance in 2014) and Mr. Schwarzenegger are in top form.

I was unaware of this film, when it arrived back in October of 2013, but am pleased that I caught up with it in it's 4k uprez, courtesy of Lionsgate / Summitt.

It's actually a fun little film, even if much of it is borrowed from earlier endeavors.

Escape Plan 2: Hades arrives later this month, presumably direct-to-video, at least in the U.S.. Escape Plan 3 is in Post.

Image - 5 (HDR / Dolby Vision)

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Upgrade from Blu-ray - yes

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Reading your description of the film, I was reminded I reviewed the Blu-ray all those years ago. I'll have to pull it out again to re-familiarize myself with it.

McCrutchy

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
Escape Plan 3 is in Post.

I thought this was a joke, but it's actually true. Even though the second film isn't going direct-to-video until the end of the month, the sequel (Escape Plan 3: Devil's Station) was filming as of September 2017, and it must be said that the cast list for 3 also seems to render much of 2 pretty pointless, on top of Schwarzenegger being out of both.

I enjoyed this first film, though, so I picked the UHD release up at Walmart today for $17.96. I'm glad to see that Lionsgate did a good job with it. Even though they don't have the most UHD-friendly catalogue, you have to hand it to Lionsgate for diving into UHD BD with some very wild choices. Even with the success of the Deadpool films, I never would have expected to see Van Wilder (2002) on UHD BD, and yet, it is coming this August. No other studio would remaster and release that on UHD BD in 2018 without a direct sequel to promote.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks