What's new

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
Every box office info site seems to have different numbers for films (even current titles). I'm not sure any of them can be relied upon for absolute accurate numbers, high or low. Especially worldwide totals from 40 years ago.
You're right. I was going my memory. Those sites are never correct. To make this Dragonslayer related, I sure wish Clash of the Titans looked as good on Blu-ray. I'd like a 4K redo!

Christian D66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian
Me too. I saw it opening day. Along with History Of The World Part 1, which opened on the same day.
My teen friends went to go see S.O.B. instead on Friday night instead of DRAGONSLAYER with me. They did not like S.O.B. which I loved when I saw it on cable. I still have my DS program from the night.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
That nudity is a nothingburger. Blink and you miss it. I'd say the intensity of the violence would guarantee the PG13 rating.

It's still enough skin for "PG-13" - and it's more than "blink and miss it", even if it's pretty brief.

I don't see today's MPAA giving a movie with that one's nudity less than a "PG-13".

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It's still enough skin for "PG-13" - and it's more than "blink and miss it", even if it's pretty brief.

I don't see today's MPAA giving a movie with that one's nudity less than a "PG-13".
Clash Of The Titans had more nudity and it was only PG. I think even some G rated films had nudity.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Clash Of The Titans had more nudity and it was only PG. I think even some G rated films had nudity.
Depends on when they were made. By 1981, brief nudity would get you a PG, while 13 years earlier, Planet of the Apes, with somewhat more (time-wise) male nudity, got a G.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
But she never shot from her bobbies. That would have been x-rated.
Fembots.gif

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Watched "Asteroid City" and was shocked it got "PG-13" with female full-frontal.

Yes, it's a bit blurry and a quick shot, but still.

I guess MPAA figures no wonder under 30 will ever watch a Wes Anderson movie so who cares about the rating? :D

That blurry shot didn’t earn an R rating.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks