What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ What Dreams May Come -- in HD (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
"Are you going to kill my dog?"

There are so many questions in this beautiful film about life, death, mortality and immortality, along with redemption and a next life, and they all go unanswered.

Did we really expect an answer?

But what a beautiful film!

For those who have not experience What Dreams May Come, it is best not to go into the storyline.

As an early digital effects film, one might expect WDRC to be a poster child for stray bits. While I was waiting for stray bits of digititis to make an appearance, this was not the case.

Almost a decade ago, when the first incarnation of the film arrived on DVD, one would have been hard pressed to believe that today we would have such a gloriously beautiful representation of the film on one of those shiny little CD-like discs.

Universal has created a High Definition DVD that brings the film into your home theater with all twelve cylinders humming, and image quality that replicate the look of the film.

What Dreams May Come is a film fully realized on HD-DVD, and comes Highly Recommended if one has Kleenex at the ready

RAH

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i love this movie.

it looks beautiful on the hd dvd format.

the first time my wife and i went to see it in the theater a group of people were being chaperoned to the movie.
these were adults but were people who needed help.
one of them fell asleep during the movie and began snoring as loudly as
one can imagine.

we left and the theater gave us a pass for another time, as they refused to go in and ask the people
to attend to the snoring person.

anyway we eventually saw the movie and it became one of my favorite movies.

i didnt know it was coming to hd dvd untill about a week before, i ordered right away.

it's easy to see why people dont like the movie or think it's depressing but i dont see it that way.

in spite of the many people who die during the film i dont think its depressing at all.

it is terribly sad the way all the people lose their lives but without giving anything away i thought the journey of the main character to find what he needed to find was incredible, especially because he literally goes through Hell to get there.

Rod J

Premium
Real Name
Rodney Jewett
Read the book instead... It was so much better than the movie (miscast and computer graphics that make you long for something 'realistic' like "Goin' to Heaven on a Mule)..

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i know everyone always says the book is better but i guess you can say that about many movies based on a book.

i love the movie, dont want to read the book.

it's a movie topic anyway.
isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks