What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Salt -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
As long as you don't take Philip Noyce's Salt, with a large grain of, it's an immensely entertaining film, and a superb political thriller in the Noyce fashion.

Somehow I missed the film theatrically, and have just caught on with it via Sony's superb 4k UHD release, which is an interesting example of an earlyish production being completed as a full-rez 4k DI.

The result, especially with HDR, is stunning in projection. Black blacks, and a full color palette, along with Dolby Atmos, pin-point the audio throughout your speaker system.

A superb cast, with Angelina Jolie in the lead, has me thinking she could do a female Bond. She's that good, especially at the physical demands.

A wonderful film, and a reference quality 4k Blu-ray.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

4k - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

HighlyRecommended

RAH

jauritt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay Auritt
The one downside is that only the theatrical cut is in 4K; the much better unrated director's cut - and one additional alternate cut- are only available on the accompanying blu-ray. (Besides other improvements over the TC, the "test" of Salt's allegiance makes much more sense in the DC.)

That said, it absolutely does look fantastic.

Last edited:

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
I agree with your assessment. Great 4K disk, I agree it would have been better if it was the directors cut.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I have a soft spot for this film, because the big stunt sequence where Salt jumps off a moving vehicle on one highway to another moving vehicle traveling perpendicular on the highway below was filmed on the I-787 interchange in downtown Albany. Despite the cosmetic tweaks to turn it into the greater D.C. area, a lot of Albany buildings are recognizable during that sequence in the final film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks