What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Mr. Sardonicus -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Billy Batson said:
...& The Gorgon & The Curse Of The Mummy's Tomb & The Terror Of The Tongs!
Well...yeah! But I singled out RoF as it was released at the same time with MR. SARDONICUS in a dvd set from Mill Creek (as well as RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE).

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
This has been a favorite of mine since I first saw it around midnight on a Staurday night on Ghost Host Theater. Glad to hear of the good transfer.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
schtan said:
This has been a favorite of mine since I first saw it around midnight on a Staurday night on Ghost Host Theater. Glad to hear of the good transfer.
Not merely good, it's nearly as good as any b&w blu-ray transfer I've seen. How can MIll Creek put these double features out for so little?

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
It would be wonderful if Columbia would license or release a Blu Ray for CURSE (NIGHT) OF THE DEMON. For me, that is a real, true classic. Saying that, I have SARDONICUS on pre-order.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Dick said:
Not merely good, it's nearly as good as any b&w blu-ray transfer I've seen. How can MIll Creek put these double features out for so little?
Wow. I need to order this.
John Morgan said:
It would be wonderful if Columbia would license or release a Blu Ray for CURSE (NIGHT) OF THE DEMON. For me, that is a real, true classic. Saying that, I have SARDONICUS on pre-order.
Another one of my favorites. The DVD even looks great.

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
My copy is out for delivery for today via FedEx. Haven't seen it in years.
Glad to read Robert's positive review.
Might add this to my lineup for Thursday night, which so far consists of The Exorcist,
The Uninvited and if it gets here in time, The Haunting. Maybe add The Omen.
After all, who needs sleep?
Ain't it great to be able to watch films like these any time we want to?
Feel like a kid in a candy store. :)

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Mill Creek delighted me with their remarkable BD twofer of SHIP OF FOOLS and LILITH. Very nice image and sound for both. Just wish they would pump out even more material, nice horror classics and more classic dramas, as well. I like to give them five stars on the Amazon site as they really do deserve an A for effort.

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
Watched Sardonicus last night. As usual, Robert's review is on the money.
PQ is outstanding, as is the audio.
Haven't watched Brotherhood Of Satan yet.
Sardonicus would make a good demo to show to someone who hasn't seen a good BD of an old B&W "B" film. VERY pleased here.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I watched it last night for the first time. Excellent transfer and the film was surprisingly enjoyable. I loved Castle's "thumbs up or thumbs down" audience vote for which ending they wanted to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks