What's new

A complete survey of SR 5200, 6200 and 7200 owners with problems and without. (1 Viewer)

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
Ayan,

To the best of my knowledge, the serial number should be at least MZ020 by now. Maybe you got old stock?

As for the volume, I agree that it seems low, but that's apparently normal for the Marantz line. If you are getting good clean sound at those volumes I think everything is OK.

As for the sub out, I remember reading about a similar effect with the SR7000 on Audioreview.com. The solution for some people was to route the low level L/R preouts to the sub, or route the main L/R speaker wire to the sub (then from the sub to your speakers).

Also, what are you comparing the sub performance to - a different receiver?

Ayan

Auditioning
Hmmmm... maybe I did. My dealer is looking into it tomorrow.

I'm getting good clean volume, all the way to the top of the scale!!

WRT the suggestion for the sub, if you did that you wouldn't be getting ANY of the LFE info to the sub, only the lower "main" sounds. If I were trying to make an old crappy amp do the job, I'd consider "patches"... but seeing as I laid out hard-earned cash last week for a C$1000 receiver, I expect everything to work properly - whether it be a defect or a design flaw.

To compare the sub, I think of my buddy's system. He has a Mirage BPS150 (a two or three year old version of mine) hooked up to an HK AVR7000. I realize that it's a much more expensive receiver, but theoretically a pre-amp out for a sub, with no boost or cut or tuning, should all be equal, shouldn't it?

Thanks for your input!!!

cheers

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
I agree totally. The product should work as designed. Is there any way this can be tested? A special test tone CD for subwoofers perhaps?

I was in contact with Marantz about the S-video and popping noise issue (which they say they have fixed), but I don't have a sub yet, so I don't really have any info on that issue.

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
try the yamaha rx- v1 if you can find you can get for about $ 1500, its a grat deal right now, it has the 2- 44 bit prosscesers, it sounds better than the pro logic 11 in enhands moled pro logic, you can set it up better, and its a lot better receiver than the marantz, it dead quiet, more power than you need but you mite not find it now, they mite be sold out.

DanSeals

Auditioning
I have had no problems with my sr6200. Bought it refurbished from an authorized marantz dealer about a month back. That might have something to do with the fact that it works great.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks