What's new

$500.00 for Christmas. What should I get? (1 Viewer)

Beau B

Stunt Coordinator
Hello to all. I have 500.00 to spend on myself for christmas from my Mom. I need ideas. I was looking at a PDA, Portable DVD player, and a Pronto. I do not travel, but at work there are slow times {Pizza Delivery}. Should I use the whole amount on 1 thing and get a real good one or split it up between 2 or 3 things?

Thanks to all

Beau

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Beau, why don't you list your system. Perhaps that will reveal a "weak spot" and facilitate our making a recommendation.

Regarding the PDA, do you think you will use it? I considered getting one a couple of years ago, but I really didn't need it. I carry a small desk calendar to work, which I use to keep track of key errands, meetings, etc. I also have a calendar function on the e-mail system at work to keep track of meetings. As for phone numbers, I store them in my cell phone. Some people swear by PDAs, but I don't feel they are necessary.

A portable DVD player would be nice if you really feel you would use it. If you are looking to pass some dead time at work, how about getting a Game Boy Advance for $70 and then some used games?

I view the Pronto sort of like a PDA. I tried one once and it wasn't for me. Frankly, I just didn't feel like spending all the time to develop scripts for my various remotes. I was used to my remotes, so I decided it wasn't worth spending the time to set up a Pronto. I returned it and have never missed it. Of course, like PDAs, many people swear by the Pronto remotes. To each his own.

As I said, list your system. That might suggest good use of your $500. On the other hand, you could buy a lot of DVDs and music with $500.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks