What's new

5.1.4 ATMOS Speaker setup - B&W CM8 S2, CCM662, CCM684 (1 Viewer)

valentins

Auditioning
Real Name
Valentins Mucenieks
Newbie here..

Currently working on a 5.1.4 ATMOS setup and would appreciate any comments/suggestions regarding the speaker choice and placement.

Working with:
Yamaha RX-A3060
Sub - BK P12-300SB-DF
Fronts - B&W CM8 S2

Centre - B&W CCM 7.4
Rear Surrounds - 2 x B&W CCM662
Atmos- 4 x B&W CCM684

Only fronts and sub will be floor standing. The rest have to be ceiling mounted.

Is the ceiling mounted speaker placement optimal for this layout?
Many thanks for any comments.

Attachments

• atmos.jpg
    atmos.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 393

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
Newbie here..

Currently working on a 5.1.4 ATMOS setup and would appreciate any comments/suggestions regarding the speaker choice and placement.

Working with:
Yamaha RX-A3060
Sub - BK P12-300SB-DF
Fronts - B&W CM8 S2

Centre - B&W CCM 7.4
Rear Surrounds - 2 x B&W CCM662
Atmos- 4 x B&W CCM684

Only fronts and sub will be floor standing. The rest have to be ceiling mounted.

Is the ceiling mounted speaker placement optimal for this layout?
Many thanks for any comments.
I got 2 really good links on another forum.
It is alot more informative then the Dolby website.
https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technol...tmos-home-theater-installation-guidelines.pdf
https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologies/dolby-atmos/dolby-atmos-specifications.pdf
Check them both out, I found them to be very informative and full of real info on bandwith.
I tried to get info from the website and never got an answer. From what I now understand ALL the speakers should be the same. Hope this helps.
At least the same brand and sonic characteristics, and timbre.
I have 5 the same and the height speakers are smaller, I didn't realize the height had full range signals. I really heard a large improvement when I put my center channel tweeter and midrange at the same exact height as my fronts and surrounds.
I am using 5.1.4 right now.
4 ADS L1290/2s rebuilt by Rich So. Drivers and crossovers. He is from the old factory in MA. I purchased drivers and a crossover for a center channel to match but had to copy the box on his website since the factory no longer exists. Using smaller ADS L300s for height speakers. Same timbre and tweeter, but much less bass. I didn't know the bandwith at the time.
Using HSU VTF-3 MK 4 powered sub.
ADS in quite ineffecient so I got a large amp and with the low impedance nominal 4 ohms and sometimes less I chose an Anthem P5 Statement. It has high current capabilities and is stable down to less than 1 ohm. Using 2 refurbished Nikko Alpha 440s to power the small L300s. 240 watts so plenty of headroom and can go to bigger speakers.
Preamp is an Anthem AV60 and the room correction is killer. REALLY works.
I can either mount the small speakers on wall or ceiling and the brackets can be aimed at seating position.
You should try to get the 5 mains at least tweeters at ear level when seated. At least the same plane. The height speakers you should put on the ceiling. Some times you may have to comprimise. I destroyed my entertainment center in order to get my center channel at the proper height and the wife was not too happy when she came home one day from shopping. LOL. My house is a war zone I am remodeling and everything is temporary, new grandaughter and daughter now living home as well.
Good luck with your system, and remember Rome wasn't built in a day. just keep plugging away and you will get there. By the way B&W are killer speakers. Love your system already.

Attachments

• 079.jpg
    079.jpg
    584.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 347.jpg
    347.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 175
  • 20160624_070905.jpg
    20160624_070905.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 189
  • 20150517_154650.jpg
    20150517_154650.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 183
  • 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 181
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 182

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks