What's new

3ft. Custom interconnects, Belden 89259!!! (1 Viewer)

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,..
Doing a little clean up, and have a set of 3ft. Belden 89259 interconnects that I built a while back, and then only had hooked up for a couple months. They have been setting in a drawer over the winter, as I unhooked them when I purchased a new processor, and now don't plan to use them. These cables are suitable for analog audio, digital audio, and component video. Extremely versatile.

I have 7 - 3ft. cables. If you only need 6 for a multi channel input set, that's fine also. If you need more than these, or something of a different length, I can build what you need as well.

3ft. Belden 89259 cables with canare RCAP connectors, Techflex covering, 3M glue lined heat shrink, and internal connections treated with Caig 5% connection enhancer gold spray, for long corrosion free life. $22.00 ea. plus ship.

I will have a set of 7 - 3ft. Belden 1695A cables, with an added shield for sale in the near future. These cables are every bit as versatile as the 89259, only, in raw form the 89259 has a slight edge on the 1695A in the shielding dept. However, with the added extra shield, these cables are a real problem solver, if you have any stray RF, or EMI floating around your system. These cables will be listed for $25.00 ea. plus ship.

Any questions, feel free,....

>>>--->

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Shoot,..Forgot the picture,..Hope this works guys. If not, I will get it one way or another,....

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent cables for the cost guys,....Don't forget, If you need different lengths, or even different materials, I can help you out there too,....

>>>--->

Dean_M

Second Unit
Kevin, you make some nice looking stuff. Have you ever made any with silver plated copper?

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Dean,..
Thank you. I haven't used silver as yet. For reasons more related to time than anything, but if your interested in some products created from silver, I can sure put something together.
I have a couple recipies that should work very well,....Personally, I like the twisted pair, or braided, configurations. Did you have something in mind?

Sorry for the slow response,..been away from the machine a little more than usual lately.

>>>--->

Dean_M

Second Unit
No problem Kevin, I'm not in any big rush. I don't have a specific design in mind, but I need three 8' speaker cables (10 or 12 ga.)for my Maggies and about a bazillion 5' analog ICs. What kind of recipes do you have? :D
One thing that concerns me about twisted pairs for ICs is shielding which most designs I've seen seem to lack.

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Dean,..
Every consider cat 5 braided cables for your speakers? I have built a good number of cables for others, that have had had extremely good results. I have a couple references if you would like to read them.
Here is a pic of a set all finished up. Any type of connector, or combination can be created. These happen to have bananas, and spades. A lot of folks run them bare wire as well.
As for the twisted pair interconnects,..The nature of the twisted pair, or braiding, creates "Common Mode Noise rejection", canceling noise being induced into the signal path. Extra shielding can be added as well,.... I will post a picture of a tisted pair inteconnect as well,....

Shoot me a PM if you like, with any cable needs you have. I would be happy to help you out.

>>>--->

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Update,..Three of the 89259's are gone as part of another order, but as always, many more can be made. Just give a shout.

Not sure if the PM service is working quite right, or if my IP is doing too good a job of filtering spam again,... I have missed a couple messages,..so if you don't get a reply, just let me know here,a nd I can give you another address.

>>>--->

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Another happy customer to be,....one more sold,...

Let me know if there is anything I can help you out with in the way of cables,...

>>>--->

Jason Monette

Second Unit
Kevin, be careful. I did this same thing awhile back and got banned. They don't like people advertising with out paying for it. just a heads up buddy

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Jason,..
Thanks for the interest. I guess I never thought of it as advertising. I don't make a living at building cables, or even make much of anything on them. I just do this to help others out, and enjoy building the cables.

I guess I need to think about how I word things,...Taken literaly, I see how one could get the idea I was a vendor.

>>>--->

Jason Monette

Second Unit
Kevin,

I know exactly what you mean, but some people on here are like pitt bulls when it comes to stuff like that. I just didn't want to see you get booted when I knew you were just trying to make some extra money building some cables for people who wanted them.

Jay

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Just a follow up,...
It seems I won't be building any cables for a while unless sombody wants something specific, so I will be listing a few items for sale here in the near future.

If you are in the market for some inexpensive cables,..Stay tuned. I will make start a different thread with pictures and details,...

Preview however,...Braided Cat 5 speaker cables,. Full set of braided interconnects for muti channel,..Twisted pair stereo pair interconnect,..25' BNC cable,....also remaining 89259,..and 1695A cables,....

>>>--->

Dean_M

Second Unit
Please keep us posted, Kevin. I haven't forgotten about you; I'm still waiting for all my new toys to get here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks