What's new

3803 break in period (1 Viewer)

Jon Duke

Stunt Coordinator
I'm picking up my new 3803 tonight. Any tips for breaking in this beauty? I had planned on running the receiver with the TV for a couple days straight. Would this be the best way to go?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

BrianJ>Y

Stunt Coordinator
I highly doubt receivers break in. Do whatever you like though, just don't stress over it. Enjoy your new toy!

-Brian

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Receivers do not require breaking in. After thirty minutes (or less) of being switched on, they reach proper operating temperatures and that's that. Look at this way: If a piece of electronic gear (receiver, preamp, power amp, tuner, etc.) did require a break-in period, then it wasn't properly designed.

Jon Duke

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Brian and Jack...

That makes sense to me... Looks like I have SPL meter fun ahead of me tonight!;)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I concur with Mr. Briggs. I would though, leave the unit on for a while and make sure that all the features on it work. For example, if you're thinking at some point of using the unit as a pre/pro, see if you can borrow an amp to ensure there aren't any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexj-12
Recent bookmarks