What's new

36XBR450 Brightness (1 Viewer)

I'll start by saying that I'm new to the calibrated TV thing. Anyway, I calibrated the set with VE in the same light settings as I watch movies, and the picture seems so dark. Perhaps I am new to the "properly" calibrated look, so I'm sure that I'll adjust. I'm just looking for confirmation of my first thoughts on the picture. I do see already that the image is much more soothing and natural than I am used to. That's a plus.
One more thing, even after the calibration, I can see the letterbox lines from the DVD against the TV's generated lines (16:9). I know that lowering the brightness will reduce this, but like I said before, it seems so dark to begin with.
Any input or experiences of other owners would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
For the brightness issue, try it for a few days, and you will get used to it. When you go back to the way it was, you'll understand.
This, of course, is assuming that it is indeed setup properly and it's not too dark, although I doubt it since many complain about this, at first, after using VE.
Jeff
[Edited last by Jeff on November 06, 2001 at 01:57 AM]

nousername

Supporting Actor
I had a Sony KV-36FV27 briefly (the top-of-the-line 36" non-XBR WEGA), and found it was too dark, even when I put the DVD player in "Lighter" mode. When I got my 36BXR450, it was much brighter. I watch DVDs and cable exclusively in "Movie" mode and find that it's just right (after calibration). You'll get used to the brightness level...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks