What's new

24 Season Two: Simply the best TV show I have ever seen! Buy these season sets NOW! (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Kim may actually have something legit to do in S3. She will be working for CTU.
maybe i'm wrong but that would be pretty quick as it appears that season 3 starts at the end of season 2 or the next day.
i'm only guessing that by the way season 2 ended.
which was omg. i am so glad i didnt make it through the entire season last year so i didnt have to wait that long after that season ender.
'cause i just got done, thanks netflix.
plus definetely no play all that i can find. if region 2 has that good for them.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Plus, Bauer was grumpy in season 2. Bauer was desperate in season 1, and IMO Keifer (and his father too, for that matter) is excellent at playing people in desperate situations, and weaker when they're playing sour characters.

I mean, consider: the elder Sutherland in Invasion of the Body Snatchers - excellent as a man facing an increasingly desperate situation. Versus the elder Sutherland in the scifi horror film Virus, playing a sour-puss captain - boring as wallpaper.

Ok, that was enough reasoning for one night.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well during the pregame of the cubs-fish game tonight fox showed a new promo that makes it look like the next 24 is not the next day.
anyone else see this?

also the pres was sitting at a table seemingly all healthy, so maybe not the next day again.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Yeah it looks like from the previews that S3 does not take place the day after S2 ended. From what ive heard S3 takes place 3 years later. Kinda a dissapointment but maybe they will open with an explanation of what took place inbetween. Fox should not have showed David Palmer at all in these previews would have been great to sit down and watch S3 not knowing anything about his situation.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Fox should not have showed David Palmer at all in these previews would have been great to sit down and watch S3 not knowing anything about his situation.
(This is getting to be risky for spoiling S2 for people who have not seen it. I'll avoid the spoiler tag since I wont be revealing any specific info, but those who have not seen it yet might want to skip on)

I think that Fox and maybe even the producers don't really care about Palmer being seen in the previews. I get the feeling that The Producers (and even Kiefer hinted at this) feel that ending S2 the way they did was a mistake and are trying to bury it, maybe not so much to pretend it never happened, but it seems that they are distancing S3 from that paticular ending and trying not to make it a direct continuation from the S2 ending. Just the feeling I get

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Now I have to decide if I'm going to watch Season 3 in a couple of weeks or wait for the DVD......decisions, decisions
Don't wait for the DVD! Watch it on tv! If everyone who like this show decided to wait for DVD, then there would be no ratings, then no show, then no DVD set. I know you probably don't have a Nielsen box, but just a caveat for those who do

Cahyo Wicaksono

Stunt Coordinator
Season One: can't stop the watching until the entire season is done.

Season Two: there is still one more disc to go? dang!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Nope, Season 3 I will just do the DVD. Then I can enjoy the whole thing in a short time frame, of my choosing, from 1 to 3 weeks total, depending on my time available for watching it.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Um, no offense, but I'll definitely take 24 over those shows and most anything else ever put on TV. No show has ever hooked me like this and I hope S3 is up to par with the first two seasons.

Tom Oh

Second Unit
Season 1 & 2 gripped me like no other series in a loooong time, possibly ever. My wife and I lost sleep watching both on DVD. We'd say lets watch 1 episode tonight and end up watching 2~4 on weeknights. On weekends, we were pretty much glued to the TV for a good portion of the day. I absolutely loved both series. While both seasons don't have much replay value, your friends and relatives will absolutely love you for lending it to them.

I got the UK version since I couldn't wait until the R1 came out.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I have a friend who bought a ReplayTV specifically to record 24 during its network broadcast run. This show is serially addictive and fun to watch.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Thank God I didn’t start with Season Two! They are completely connected! As I said in the other topic, I finished Season One and I’m currently into Season 2.

I’m on Episode 6. Some comments. Beware of season 2 episode 1-6 spoilers.
I think one of the strongest emotional experiences I’ve ever had with a series would be season 2 episode 6. When Jack sees Nina. I completely felt his pain and his heart broken. I was also developing sympathy for her in season one and I felt personally betrayed by her! :b

Also where she smiles at Jack, it made me want to attack her too.

Is it just me? I’m getting extremely irritated by Jack’s daughter. I already hated every decision she made in season 1 and now her story just irritates me!

Please if you are discussing spoilers in here, don’t forget spoiler tags!

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
After season one ended with the murder of Jack's wife
, my wife declared that she was totally mad at this series and would not be watching the second season. Well, after the first episode of season two, she was hooked. But once again, with the second season ending of the attack on President Palmer
, she has re-stated her hatred of this show. Can't wait to bring home season 3, even though the season enders are starting to demonstrate a pattern of setting up the audience

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
About bad images.. can you say "Planet of the Apes"? That cover must be the biggest mistake of them all. At least the new edition coming out next year seems to have fixed this (according the the image I see on some web sites).

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I’m on episode 10 and my God, these menus are horrible! They have some spoiler images. Who design these and actually get paid for this? They should get the genius award of this year! I mean now I close my eyes when I want to see an episode and enter its menu! :thumbsdown:

Also I don’t like that we are forced to go through the menu to enable/disable the subtitle. With season 1 it was possible to do it on the fly. Turning on and off the subtitle for a few seconds is an integral part of watching the series “for me”. Now It’s a real pain in the ... to do it. :thumbsdown:

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I’m on to Disc 4. It’s funny all the things that happen to Kim Bauer and how it’s irrelevant to the story this time. I’m fully expecting King Kong to show up and pick her up! :D

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Also I don’t like that we are forced to go through the menu to enable/disable the
I was frustrated by this too. With the fast dialogue, in some instances, the dialogue is nearly unintelligable. It seems that the reason was to keep people from accidently accessing the track that has the Brancing Deleted Scenes indicators. But why could they have not just isolated that track so that it can only be accessed from the menus when you turn the branced deleted scenes option on? The "Lord of the Rings" EE sets are an example of where this was done, You can access the English track on the fly but the other tracks (identifying commentary participants) are isolated and can only be accessed through the menus when you select an audio commentary. FYI on the "24" discs, on episodes where there is no branching options, you can change subtitles on the fly.

On a side note, I have the E.R. season one set and that is really another show where dialogue can become unintelligable and that set only has french subtitles. I find this frustrating and inexcuseable

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
FYI on the "24" discs, on episodes where there is no branching options
I don’t think that’s it. I think it’s because of the translated subtitles for the Arabic parts. The episodes that you can change it on the fly have no Arabic translation. The translations are on sub track 5 if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks