What's new

2023-2024 NFL Season (4 Viewers)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I guess another guy that needs a landing spot is Ryan Tannehill. I doubt there will be much interest in him.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Capable backup QBs are in demand.
Yes I think he’s going to have to settle for being a backup for the rest of his career. Probably the same thing for Carson Wentz.
That story really is astounding how sudden his fall from grace was, by his own doing.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I guess the Giants made a serious run at landing Russell Wilson but he would not take the job because he wanted to be the starter there and his feeling from the Giants interview was he would have to win the job from Daniel Jones and that the competition would be ongoing all season...they were not guaranteeing him the starting job, so he chose the Steelers instead. So, the Steelers must have told him he is going to start there. I would also say the Steelers are in better shape as a team than the Giants right now so makes more sense to go to Pittsburgh.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I would have liked to see Joe Flacco make a return to the Browns, he was the most exciting QB they have had in a long time. Joe is a Colt now and will back-up their young QB. Certainly earned a job with his 2023 performance and comes cheap at only around $8 million for the season.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The Jets are hoping someone will make a trade for Zach Wilson but I have to imagine he barely even rates a 7th round pick based on the fact that the Patriots got a 6th round pick for Mac Jones and he was better than Wilson ever was in the games he played in.

There are supposedly a few teams with some interest in giving Wilson a try, as a back-up, and they are the Rams, 49ers, and Broncos. All teams with coaches that are known for their ability to develop a QB. Still, the Jets may as well just cut Wilson because I don't think he has much value and teams seem willing to wait to see if he gets cut.

The Falcons have traded Desmond Ridder to the Cardinals now that they have Kirk Cousins. Listening to sports radio today, the Falcons fans that called in seem very excited about having Cousins, so that's good.

The Commanders have traded Sam Howell to the Seahawks, who were looking to add QB talent to their roster. He's probably Smith's back-up but he can start games if they ask him to. I would say this means the Commanders are locked in to drafting a QB. Now, most people believe that will be Drake Maye but Kliff Kingsbury seems to prefer Jayden Daniels as he likes his running abilities. Daniels is considered a duel threat QB and the fastest runner of this crop of QBs. We'll see who they take at two, but my thought is this, I think Daniels looks too much like Robert Griffin 3 and so, I think they will pass on him for fear he will be an injury risk. Like Griffin he has a slight build and I don't think the Commanders want to take that chance.

Last edited:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I just hope Cousins doesn't go down for a number of games because I doubt the rest of the QB room will be able to put up productive numbers like Capt Kirk would.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Some reports say Pickett asked for a trade after the Steelers signed Wilson. Not sure why he didn't want to be backup to Wilson in Pittsburgh, but is OK with being backup to Hurts in Philly?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Some reports say Pickett asked for a trade after the Steelers signed Wilson. Not sure why he didn't want to be backup to Wilson in Pittsburgh, but is OK with being backup to Hurts in Philly?
Wanted a fresh start as he could tell the Steelers lost confidence in him.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It looks like the Bears are trading Justin Fields to the Steelers. The trade haul is pretty weak. A 2025 sixth round pick that can upgrade to a fourth-round pick, if Fields takes more than 50% of the snaps in 2024.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
It looks like the Bears are trading Justin Fields to the Steelers. The trade haul is pretty weak. A 2025 sixth round pick that can upgrade to a fourth-round pick, if Fields takes more than 50% of the snaps in 2024.
I figured nobody would give up a first round pick for him, but I am a bit surprised this is the best offer the Bears could get.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Steelers traded Pickett to the Eagles.

Wow, kind of the exact opposite of what the Steelers said would happen there. My guess is this, Wilson wanted a guarantee he would be the starter wherever he went. Hence why he would not go to the Giants supposedly. They told him he would compete with Jones. Now when the Steelers signed Wilson, the media knew that Wilson wanted that guarantee he would start so they were asking him and the Steelers if he was the starter and he was guaranteed the job. They would not really answer the question and gave some weak response about Wilson being a leader in the locker room and that they expected him to lead the team. My guess is the truth is they did tell Wilson he was the starter, that there would not be a QB competition, which they told Pickett there would be, and as soon as Kenny found out they lied to him, he asked for a trade. That's fair. So, I don't think it is about him thinking he is in a better position as the back-up to Hurts but he is at least on a team that did not lie to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks