What's new

2020 4th quarter DVD releases? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys,

it's been one of the roughest years in humanity's history, but sometimes we have to put our best foot or guess forward. By somebody's grace, we are still getting movies and tv shows out on DVD. Bonanza season 11 is coming out in October. I do like trying to guess what might be coming out in the months ahead. Just saw a note on Warner Brother's Facebook page, that any Halloween planned releases will come out late.

Anyway, just to get some discussion going, what do you think might come out on with TV, DVD world this October, November, December?

I do believe the new version of Mulan will come out with a 4K Blue Ray by Christmas. Same with Tenet.

I'm going out on a limb and say WB Archives may put out Head of the Class season 2 by Christmas. It would be nice if the animated Klaus and the Christmas Kurt Russell blue ray film (that came out two years ago, and I cannot remember the name) that's only available by streaming services might make it out on 4K and Blu Ray. I don't have a streaming service, and I would prefer to have them on disc.

Maybe CBS Paramount will feel generous a bit and put out another season of Ben Casey and Our Miss Brooks? Would hope for more Christmas releases like The Tiny Tree (narrated by Buddy Ebsen) or The Great Santa Switch (with Art Carney).

What else: the new Lost in Space season 2, the Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance . . . .

Anyway, any thoughts?

--james

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Venture Bros complete series set.

Hopefully they will release seasons 1 and 2 on bluray uncensored and maybe in widescreen. (Seasons 1 and 2 were originally broadcast in fullscreen 4:3, and the dvds were censored). Seasons 3 to 7 have already been released on bluray.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
If no bluray version, then a Venture Bros complete series dvd set will be a 14 disc set, if they just repackage old inventory.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
An 8-disc Jetsons complete series set being released on October 13, 2020.

Compared to the disc counts of the previous Jetsons releases (iirc season 1 -> 4 discs, season 2: vol1 -> 3 discs, vol2 -> 3 discs, season 3 -> 1 disc), this means this new complete series set discs are reauthored.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Forgot about mentioning the Bugs Bunny 80th blu ray, the Flintstones Blu Rays. Guess we can add Space Ghost Blu Ray as well.
Has anybody heard from VEI recently?

--james

ian McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian K McLachlan
I agree with James. It would be nice to see new Lost in Space season 2 on bluray. In addition it would be great if we get colourised versions of some of season 1 original Lost in Space. I hope that the Dark Crystal series is released on bluray too. I think Top Cat on bluray would be great. And after Mission Impossible why no The Man from U.N.C.LE on bluray?
I hope that one day Run For Your Life, Cowboy in Africa, Nanny and the Professor and my World and Welcome To It reach DVD. Plus my biggest hope....Defenders series 2 - 4.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I generally assume that any current/recent shows which are owned by Disney/ABC and now Fox, will be lost causes.

filmnoirguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lon Cross
I'm just not into old TV shows. That was then, this is now. Movies, however, are a different thing entirely. I vowed I wouldn't double dip when I switched from DVD to Blu-ray. Well, you guessed it. I'm double dipping like crazy!

Boss Hogg

Grip
Real Name
John
How many of us are TRIPLE dipping...guilty...I'll give my dvds to a charity house or something...I will probably give them my 400 disc player also...sure it will go to good use

fdabbott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
Dear Guys,

it's been one of the roughest years in humanity's history, but sometimes we have to put our best foot or guess forward. By somebody's grace, we are still getting movies and tv shows out on DVD. Bonanza season 11 is coming out in October. I do like trying to guess what might be coming out in the months ahead. Just saw a note on Warner Brother's Facebook page, that any Halloween planned releases will come out late.

Anyway, just to get some discussion going, what do you think might come out on with TV, DVD world this October, November, December?

I do believe the new version of Mulan will come out with a 4K Blue Ray by Christmas. Same with Tenet.

I'm going out on a limb and say WB Archives may put out Head of the Class season 2 by Christmas. It would be nice if the animated Klaus and the Christmas Kurt Russell blue ray film (that came out two years ago, and I cannot remember the name) that's only available by streaming services might make it out on 4K and Blu Ray. I don't have a streaming service, and I would prefer to have them on disc.

Maybe CBS Paramount will feel generous a bit and put out another season of Ben Casey and Our Miss Brooks? Would hope for more Christmas releases like The Tiny Tree (narrated by Buddy Ebsen) or The Great Santa Switch (with Art Carney).

What else: the new Lost in Space season 2, the Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance . . . .

Anyway, any thoughts?

--james
We have very large Western TV Club and all our members want Warner's to release the other 2 seasons of "Paradise" with Lee Horsley. They issued the first season 3 years ago and we would like the other 2, one of which was called "Guns of Paradise" instead of just Paradise. This was one of the last great television western series that rated up there with with Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel, Big Valley, The Virginian etc and should be released.

ian McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian K McLachlan
It would be good to see Gene Barry and Hugh O'Brien again in their famous roles if Paradise season 2 was released. What is your Western TV Club please?

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
For several Christmas, I've hoped that everyone gets something on their Holy Grail list during the Holidays. Hopefully, that can continue somehow. The DVD producers are surely struggling with the economy, but still they are working on various projects (that I don't know of), but here's hoping.

--jthree

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I agree with James. It would be nice to see new Lost in Space season 2 on bluray. In addition it would be great if we get colourised versions of some of season 1 original Lost in Space. I hope that the Dark Crystal series is released on bluray too. I think Top Cat on bluray would be great. And after Mission Impossible why no The Man from U.N.C.LE on bluray?
I hope that one day Run For Your Life, Cowboy in Africa, Nanny and the Professor and my World and Welcome To It reach DVD. Plus my biggest hope....Defenders series 2 - 4.

I like the cut of your giblets. Just saw a few episodes of My World and Welcome to It. A very under appreciated program. Good Cast, some excellent experimentation of the tv format, and a decent theme song. Remember those. Really wish The Farmer's Daughter can make it out.

--jthree

ian McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian K McLachlan
Thanks. I was delighted when The Smith Family was released recently. A series I remember from its original transmission. It did not disappoint. Indeed it was better than I remembered it. The Farmer's Daughter sadly is a programme I have never seen. I don't know if it was ever transmitted in Scotland where I live.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Some site, said the Office, the complete collection will be out on Blu Ray later this year.

--jthree

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
p.s. Don't want to get started on streaming services. Between internet and having cable, that's enough money to spend. Much prefer to getting DVD's of the shows. I have trouble understanding Roku, or the other streaming; But I can can handle DVD players.

--jthree

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
p.s. Don't want to get started on streaming services. Between internet and having cable, that's enough money to spend. Much prefer to getting DVD's of the shows. I have trouble understanding Roku, or the other streaming; But I can can handle DVD players.

--jthree

I bought a Roku because of Buzzr. Needed my old game show fix. Maybe your cable service has a digital subchannel with Buzzr in the area, mine doesn't.

It's not that bad. Scroll and click, not too different from cable guides. But, I stick to the free channels/platforms. And, it's what I have now since I chucked cable to save a hundred a month. That and DVDs/Blus, so I'm fine.

And that's majorly off topic, I guess. But, aside from the occasional surprise like The Office seems to be, 4th quarter releases are looking sparse.

At least we're getting more Bonanza.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean

Ian:

I'm still hoping against hope the three remaining seasons of The Defenders finally get released!

Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks