What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

2005 GM Install issue (1 Viewer)

DaveMcS

Second Unit
2005 Chevy Venture....Circuit City tried to install three SIR-GM1's. One was mine (Crutchfield) and two were off their shelves. Two of the Sirius units were never recognized by the GM head unit. One actually briefly showed "UPDATING" on channel 184 when we unplugged and replugged the radio itself..then it did nothing. At no time did the other two ever display SR1 or SR2..or even show any sign of the head unit detecting the GM1....

The HU has the BAND/CD-AUX button so it SHOULD work as a plug n play unit..and one of the units DID briefly seem to show some satellite life. The Venture did NOT have XM installed at the factory..so maybe the AUX input needs to be activated by the dealer? I dunno..anyone have experience or suggestions?

Thanks
David.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Scanning the various forums, it looks like you have to have the dealer reprogram the "BCM" (whatever that is) in order to activate the sat radio option if you are not swapping for an XM. If you had XM previously operating, the SIR-GM1 would just be a simple swap.

DaveMcS

Second Unit

Thanks Jeff.

I'll try and stop by and see if they wil do this for a modest fee. I hear it can be $90 to do this though!

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks