What's new

2003-2004 NBA Season (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
What is up with McGrady?
He disappeared in the 4th quarter against the Pistons last week, and I was really surprised. He put up a lot of points through the first three quarters, then just stopped looking to shoot in the last quarter. He didn't appear to be putting much effort into the game -- it almost appeared that he lost interest. Without McGrady's scoring, Detroit pulled away in what had been a close game.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Most teams didn't use the zone much last year if at all.
Dallas played zone a whole lot last year—and when Bradley was in the game it was close to 100%. True it was because they are so deficient defensively as individuals that they attempted to compensate by using a variety of zones.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Henry,

Did you actually go to see Robinson's jersey retired? I was at Joe Dumars retirement shin dig, when they named the Sportsmanship award after him. I have always admired Robinsons character. I hated it when people said he was soft. Whatever. He has two rings and is bound for the Hall of Fame. Guys like Robinson and Dumars are more of what this game needs.

Brandon

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Definitely. Anyone that doesn't promote the Bad Boy image like AI is needed. Duncan may lack personality, but at least we don't hear about him getting arrested or being required to cover up his 'questionable' tatoos.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Hunter P, what is the name of your league at The Sporting News fantasy hoops? I signed up yesterday and would like to join it. :)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Well, I simply joined a randomly generated league although I have a couple of buddies in it too. Unfortunately my league is already full with 20 teams. But if you wanna take a look the league name is TSN_33560 and my team name is "Fox Force 6" (my little nod to Pulp Fiction.;))

Let me know what team you got so I can check up on you too.:emoji_thumbsup:

There are some menu options so that you can see the top teams in the world. Don't be intimidated by those scores. Those guys buy extra trades for $1 each so that they can have almost all of their guys play everyday. That's just stupid.

I would just keep a record of everyone in your league's current score and $ value. Then at the end of the season, if you still haven't overtaken them, compare the numbers and see how well you did.

[humility off]I haven't bought a single trade and I'm numero uno in my league (some of whom also bought extra trades.) I've also made $2.75 million dollars. Of course some have made over $4 mil already but I'm still happy with my team.[humility on]

I am really glad I rediscovered this. When I used to play it years ago, I played football, baseball and basketball all in one year. I spent so much time scouring box scores that I got burned out. It's too addicting.:b

Hunter P

Screenwriter
*sigh* Them Kings are so damn frustrating.:angry: They're becoming predictable too. When they built a 24 pt lead in the 2nd quarter, I knew they would let the Trailblazers back into the game. They're like a cat that will play intently with a mouse, batting it around and imposing it's dominance. Then a ball of dust will come along and it will totally get distracted by this new toy. They just cannot remain focused for 48 minutes.

I really wish the team would get pissed off as a whole and start stepping on necks. Only a handful of players on the team take it personally when someone scores on them. I miss the old school mentality that if you try to dunk on me a second time then I'm gonna foul you so hard that you won't even try a third time.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
When Weber gets back he will continue to act like the thug he is and promote the bad boy image that is washing the league down the toilet, don't you worry.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
:laugh: I think you might have him confused with another player. The Kings have on their team Chris Webber. To save you some work, I checked the player database for both nba.com and espn.com but I didn't find any other players named Webber. Maybe he's in the development league? I also checked Merriam-Webster online to look up the word thug and Chris' face wasn't in it.:confused:

How I wish Chris was really the thug to which you refer. Maybe then we could get a hard foul once in a while. Unfortunately, Mr. Chris fouls about as hard as Vlade. I can't remember when this team has gotten a flagrant foul called against them.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Gonna try to bring the NBA thread back from the dead.

The season has been full of just awful games. 61 points? 59 points? That is not good.

Expansion has watered down the league, but also letting guys come in straight from high school to this degree hasn't helped matters any. I want a rule like the NFL has please.

The Lakers look good, but they're also the most healthy of the contenders right now. Everyone in the east is playing to lose in the finals, that's just the way it is.

Although, we can not I repeat not end up with another Nets/Spurs finals, it set basketball back 20 years at least. 1 of the 2 can make it, but a rematch just can not happen.

It won't though, because L.A. is taking there title back, and pulling to within 1 of the Celtics for the most all time.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
The east is terrible, just terrible. Screw the east, they should just let all the teams from the west and 2 teams from the east in the playoffs.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Don’t forget that next year the league will realine to 6 divisions of 5 teams each, and that means New Orleans is headed to the West. New Orleans is one of the Eastern conferences better teams, IMHO. Here is what I think the new divisions should look like, perhaps giving the divisions different names than the ones I use.

North East
Boston Celtics
New Jersey Nets
New York Knicks
Philadelphia 76ers
Toronto Raptors

Central
Chicago Bulls
Cleveland Cavileers
Detroit Pistons
Indiana Pacers
Milwaukee Bucks

South East
Atlanta Hawks
Charlotte Bobcats
Miami Heat
Orlando Magic
Washington Wizzards

North West
Denver Nuggets
Minnesota Timberwolves
Portland Trailblazers
Seattle Sonics
Utah Jazz

South West
Dallas Mavericks
Houston Rockets
Memphis Grizzlies
New Orleans Hornets
San Antonio Spurs

Pacific:
Golden State Warriors
Los Angeles Clippers
Los Angeles Lakers
Phoenix Suns
Sacramento Kings

It still doesn’t make perfect geographic sense I guess, but we know that only New Orleans is switching conferences though both Minnesota and Memphis would like to play in the East.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks