What's new

2002 preamps with DPL II (1 Viewer)

Razvan V

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in the market for a new preamp with DPL II and from what I've read and heard - rumors, forums, magazines - the following companies should have new preamps available in 2002:

Outlaw ( 950)

Sherwood Newcastle

B&K

Sony ( TA-E10)

Marantz

Parasound.

Some of these - Sherwood, B&K, Sony - might be introduced as soon as January at the 2002 CES in Vegas.

Have you guys heard of any other new preamps to be released in 2002?

Razvan

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

TomH

Second Unit
Razvan,

Remember that an intro at CES is no gurantee that you will actually be able to buy it soon.

Our friends at Outlaw have been awfully quiet after all the delivery promises on the 950. Maybe its time to send them a few E-mails.

Razvan V

Stunt Coordinator
Tom,

Yes, of course, but I bet that at least a couple of new preamps will be available next year. Most preamps available now are dated.

I don't know what's going on with the Outlaw 950 but I have a feeling that Outlaw will delay it again. For the nth time. I hope that they'll post an update soon.

Razvan

Brian Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a happy owner of a B&K Ref30, but I've been looking forward to any news from them regarding an upgrade (rumors of improved DACs in addition to DPL2 are quite interesting). Where did you hear that they might be introducing a new preamp in January?
Anyway, if the Ref 30 upgrade isn't all it's cracked up to be (and I have the cash) this seems to be the most impressive new preamp of 2002 in my opinion:
http://www.tagmclarenaudio.com/dev/i...e=news/news102
I'm especially interested in the option of an on-board scaler.
Cheers, Brian

Marty Neudel

Stunt Coordinator
Razvan,

I believe McIntosh Labs is now shipping its MX-134 pre/pro which has PL2, et. al.

Marty

TomH

Second Unit
I have also considered the ref30. The problem at this time is that it is now a year old and missing some important features.B&K will not respond to upgrade questions. They can be found in the $2000. range but the upgrade, if there ever is one, could cost up to another $800.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks