What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Paramount+ 1883 (Yellowstone prequel) - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
It seemed like a couple of weeks ago they were talking about a second season of 1883. After the finale the other night, I wasn't sure what they'd do with one, except maybe focus on the Duttons in their new home. But I can't say I was surprised earlier today when I found out that this show is a one-and-done. The Depression-era spin-off, 1932, is replacing it.

Ken H

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
So, will Yellowstone ever come to Paramount+?
Not anytime soon. When Yellowstone was first released, Paramount+ didn't exist, so the streaming rights were put on the open market and Peacock bellied up to the bar and bought them. I haven't been able to learn how long the deal is for.

1883, 1932, 6666 will all stream on Paramount+ when available.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Finished this last night. Really enjoyed it and jayembee's earlier spoiler is spot on. I wasn't really sure about the narration aspect of this show but overall I'll give it a plus. The very end scene of the last episode is...perfect.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Not anytime soon. When Yellowstone was first released, Paramount+ didn't exist, so the streaming rights were put on the open market and Peacock bellied up to the bar and bought them. I haven't been able to learn how long the deal is for.

1883, 1932, 6666 will all stream on Paramount+ when available.
When I decided to give Yellowstone a try, I poked around a bit. Yellowstone is available to buy (but not rent) on Amazon Prime. I'm currently watching on Peacock. There has to be some upside to having Comcast. :rolleyes:

(We get Peacock for free through Comcast, though not commercial-free.)

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
It seemed like a couple of weeks ago they were talking about a second season of 1883. After the finale the other night, I wasn't sure what they'd do with one, except maybe focus on the Duttons in their new home. But I can't say I was surprised earlier today when I found out that this show is a one-and-done. The Depression-era spin-off, 1932, is replacing it.

I assume 32 will also be a one and done

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliedisdisusa
Recent bookmarks