What's new

13th Child_Legend of the Jersey Devil, Volume I (1 Viewer)

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
I guess I'm not surprised a thread on this low-budget, independent film has not been started. It's only showing in NJ, PA & DE, starting tonight. If it's well received, I'd assume other markets might get it.
Is anyone that knows about the Jersey Devil, and lives in the area looking forward to this like I am? Unfortunately I can't see it tonight, but I will soon.
A little back ground about the story from this site.
The origin of the creature dates back to the 18th century. The story goes as follows: when Mrs. Leeds, an indigent woman living in secluded poverty with her twelve starving children, found out she was to have another child exclaimed: "I don't want any more children! Let it be a devil." When the child was born, it was horribly deformed. It crawled from the womb and up the chimney and out into the woods. It is rumored to have fed on small children and livestock while haunting the area for years to come. Hence, the creatures other name is the Leeds Devil.
Throughout the years, stories have been told of unsolved murders, and creature sitings of The Jersey Devil in the Pine Barren's. For those that don't know NJ, the Pine Barrens is located throughout parts of southern NJ. I'm right in the thick of it :D
I remember hearing these stories as a child. I'm really looking forward to this. Here are some more links:
Link Removed
http://www.theshadowlands.net/jd.htm
http://www.diskworks.com/myth.html
Here's a link for the movie's website:
13th Child
Just in time for Halloween! :emoji_thumbsup:
Mike D.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
so has anyone seen this yet.
in the trailer on the official web site, i noticed the first face you see,the narrator, is STEVE FRIEDMAN also known as MR. MOVIE here in the Philly area.

he has a movie only talk show on the radio that can be heard on 1210 am sat nites from 10pm to 1 am.

funny, they didnt even use his real voice in that trailer.

i recommend tuning in to that rsdio show he is very knowledgeable about any movie ever made.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to catch this as a matinee some time next week. It's not often a movie gets a NJ/Philly/Delaware (a.k.a The Delaware Valley) release, and I'd like to throw in my 6 bucks for support. Plus I love horror movies.
Neither Rotten Tomatoes nor MRQE even has this title listed yet! The only feedback I could find were a few unkind user comments over at Moviefone.com.
Expect it on Lion's Gate (if they're lucky) in a few months.
;)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Didn't THE LAST BROADCAST cover this subject? I liked the movie....until the end!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The Last Broadcast wasn't about the Jersey Devil, it was just about the unexplained murders of those radio show hosts.

I've heard the Jersey Devil story, but I'm really not that interested. My brother is, so I might end up going to see this if he makes me.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
scott if you havent listened to steve's radio show the last few weeks... a few people have called up about this movie and have called it just simply terrible. one of the worst they have seen.
even steve who is in it and wouldnt say anything bad about it because he was in it would only say that this being called volume one is wishfull thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks