What's new

A List Of Short Lasting or Obscure Shows Not Yet on DVD (1 Viewer)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

Of course (and I'm sure Tory meant, and as your post pointed out), that would be Courtney Thorne-Smith, NOT Crystal Bernard.

I thought your post was in reference to the part about Crystal and the dream on Wings.

My apologies!

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

I don't get why we shouldn't be counting on it. All they have to do is put "From the creator of Babylon 5" and this will sell well. I wonder what's holding it up. Would love to put this on my shelf.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
This is one I'd like to see, as it was pretty good from my hazy recollection. I don't know if James at 16 is part of these 21 episodes, but the season premiere was apparently pretty controversial in its day.

I don't know that I would call Beauty and the Beast obscure, that was a pretty major hit around here, at least amongst the women folk.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
My short-lived (or long-forgotten) wants:

Logan's Run
Man from Atlantis
Cliff-Hangers!
(contained Stop Susan Williams, Secret Empire and Curse of Dracula) and created by Kenneth Johnson
Quark
Hardcore TV
(HBO)
Bizarre (Showtime)
Steambath (Showtime)
Madame's Place
America 2-Nite
No Soap, Radio

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Most of my wishlist is short lived anyway lasting a season or less expect so only deleted a couple titles. Second Noah had a small season 2 but total episodes is 21. Several shows still have unaired episodes.

1. Birds of Prey
2. Karen Sisco
3. LAX
4. Line of Fire
5. Pasadena
6. Second Noah
7. Skin
8. Titans
9. Touching Evil (usa network)
10. Veritas the Quest
11. Young Americans

Todd_W_Zimmrman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd W. Zimmerman
MANCUSO, FBI (with Robert Loggia): If memory serves me right, that show only lasted 1-2 seasons.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Bagdad Cafe (Whoopi Goldberg, Jean Stapleton)
Sugar & Spice (Loretta Devine)
New Attitude (Sheryl Lee Ralph, Phyllis Yvonne Stickney)
Powers That Be (John Forsythe, Holland Taylor)
Lenny (Lenny Clarke)
American Dreamer (Robert Urich)
It Had To Be You (Robert Urich)
Filthy Rich (Delta Burke, Dixie Carter)
5 Mrs. Bucchanans (Judith Ivey, Eileen Heckart)
Princesses (Julie Haggerty, Fran Drescher)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Veritas: the Quest is high on my list, too. A great idea, but wayyy too quickly cancelled. And they somehow managed to rack up NINE unaired episodes, which is probably some kind of record.

Noah U

Auditioning
Men Behaving Badly - American Version
This show would have probably have lasted much longer if two of the three man cast members (Ron Eldard & Justine Bateman) hadn't left after the first hilarious season.

Bakersfield PD - Another great short-lived show with Ron Eldard.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
You Wrote It, You Watch It (early 90s MTV)

The State (early 90s MTV, 3 Seasons plus 1 CBS show)

Viva Variety (3 or so seasons, Comedy Central)

Supposedly, The State has been in the works for a few years, but they are not going to release it unless they get the rights to ALL the music that was originally in the show. I commend them for that.

I haven't heard anything about the other 2 shows possibly being put on DVD.

Bryan Krantz

Stunt Coordinator
ONCE A HERO (1987) ABC. Got this off IMDB " The creator of comic superhero Captain Justice, Abner Bevis, is in a rut, repeating old storylines. The comic's owners want to kill the strip off due to falling sales, and children are losing interest in it. This transfers itself to the world of the comic strip, Pleasantville, where Justice realises his adventures are repeats, and the characters of the world are starting to fade. So Justice crosses into the real world. He finds he has lost his superpowers, but the comic's Gumshoe has followed him and is looking out for him. His antics create renewed interest in the strip. Bevis is inspired to make Justice more contemporary, and the owners agree not to cancel it." (written by Cyan Rees)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Freddy's Nightmares Aired On Syndication 88-90, DVD Rights: Warner Bros.
PLOT:
Freddy (Robert Englund) hosts this anthology show where every episode he tells a scary tale about the people who live on Elm Street.
Chances Of A DVD:
This show has been asked about a few times at the Warner Bros chat and for the meantime it looks like it's just going to sit here.
QUOTE]

Actually there's been a couple of releases in the UK. Not much I know, but it's more than we have here.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Just one release of Freddy's Nightmares in the UK in June of '03. Includes these three episodes:

No More Mr Nice Guy

It's a Miserable Life

Killer Instinct

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am surprised with the popularity of Brokeback Mountain and one of its stars Heath Ledger. That the show Roar originally mentioned by the original poster hasn't been announced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks