What's new

$10k to spend Need expoert help a/v newbie (1 Viewer)

canman

Auditioning
Real Name
Anthony
I'm trying to decide on the best quality setup for my circumstances. I like the towers for fronts and l like the double angled speakers for sides but prefer dull black color on the speaker but would consider others like wood. I just don't like the high gloss look or colors that stand out.

I'm looking at doing this soon please give me an unbiased opinion on what you would do

Projector

I'm willing to spend between $2500-$3500 on a projector, I will watch sports and movies equally no gaming. The stereo and speakers is for movies not much high level music listening although we will listen to music via pandora etc. I have total control of lighting in my basement. My room is a big rectangle I have pool tables and other gaming behind the theatre seating. My seating is about 13 feet from the screen so is the projector. I have about 9 foot of ceiling height and dark fire brick painted walls.

Was looking at the epson 5030 and 6030
The panasonic ae 8000
JVC's DLA-X35

Speakers
Was thinking about the following speakers around $4500 total

Klipsch
RF-82 II 5.2 Home Theater System
SYSTEM CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING:
(2) RS-52 II Surround Speaker I like the way these speakers are designed angled two sides
(2) RF-82 II Floorstanding Speaker
(2) SW-115 Subwoofer really would like to have two subs
(1) RC-62 II Center Speaker

I'm not locked into the klipsch it's just seems to have high ratings and I assmume they are reputable company that has been around awhile. I looked at golden ear, svs along with definite techs theater systems. I would like to stay with one company that has complete theater systems.

Receiver

Stereo Denon AVR-X4000 AV Receiver $1300 I'm not locked into this either and I don't need other zones. I would like a networking receiver, I think? I would like as much power as possible. F

I'm intrigued by the audyessey multi eq and bass eq

Screen

Da-Lite - 24416 $1700
113" Diag. (60x96) UTB Contour Fixed FrameProjector Screen, HD .6 Fabric, 16:10 Format **** not sure what gain screen I need again for movies total darkness for games there will be some lighting but at least 15 feet from screen controlled lighting.

I need a very small frame I've got exactly 60" of height clearance. Again not locked into this screen. Also While watching games we will have lighting on behind the seats

Remote controls and wiring is a wash not sure the best remote to control but I will 3 direct tv boxes and tv's a blueray and probably apple tv. Roughly looking at $10k budget for the above mentioned without installation, wiring or remotes.

I forgot to mention I will have two 50" plasma tv's on each side of the screen and this is not part of my 10 k budget. I don't think this will effect lighting on the screen will it? They will be within 3 inches of the screen.

Alex Camara

Auditioning
Regarding the power for the receiver, these are often underpowered and I have had a lot of success with people using the AudioControl Savoy G3 7.1 amplifier or Pantages G3 5.1 amplifier paired with the likes of Marantz, Denon, Pioneer etc to give it the power and audio performance often missing in today's receivers. It is not inexpensive at around $3000 but was reviewed as the best theater amplifier by Widescreen and others.

AudioControl does have a 7 Channel amplifier but that starts at around $4000 and goes up to $6000 with their preamp at $9000…..

Certainly the Savoy G3, which I have at home is a star part of my system set up...

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks