What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

*** Official JOHAH HEX Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Looking at Yahoo! movie showtimes for local theaters, which includes movies opening this weekend. Saw that Jonah Hex is 81 minutes long. Checked with IMDb, says it's 80.

Not a good sign, even for a Neveldine & Taylor movie. Crank was 88 and Gamer was 95 minutes.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Fox's delivery in the trailers is laughable. "Jonah Hyex. I always like when you come around." "I ain't much on bein' owned!" Oops. Shouldn't have an exclamation mark. Her delivery is too flat for that. Bad accent. I think acting may not be her thing.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure good acting would actually be of any benefit in this film.

Hard to tell the quality of the acting from a trailer that is cut together from pieces that may or may not be in the film. Still, it doesn't look too promising.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I feel like I should get ten percent off the ticket price, because the movie is under the generally accepted 90-minute minimum. And that goes for matinee too -- because if I see it, it sure won't be full-fare -- but that's not really much of a bargain nowadays either.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow! So far 0% at RT. Even Marmaduke is beating it at 10%. Megan Fox might have to start looking for a new career.

Edit: 72 minutes from credit to credit.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Edwin-S

Edit: 72 minutes from credit to credit.

Even better. I applaud everyone involved who looked at their movie and said "This sucks, let's cut out the really crappy scenes so at least it'll be short." That being said, I don't imagine that the remaining 72/81 minutes are particularly good but I wish more boring and bloated summer movies would slim down.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Even better: don't release boring and bloated movies, any time of year.

After spending $30 million to make crap, have the balls to release it directly to video (and not spend a few more million on advertising); blacklist the production team so that they never work for you or anyone you know again; and give one of the thousand other aspiring writers and directors a shot.

If the team had previously done good work, take off two points (maybe three if it was really crappy), and when they go negative give them the same treatment.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't mind a short running time as long as the movie is well constructed; however, judging from the reviews, it sounds like Jonah Hex was edited with a meat cleaver.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Jonah Hex". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Jonah Hex" should be posted to the [COLOR= rgb(68, 112, 140)]Official Review Thread[/COLOR].

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The film feels like 158 minutes. I also though I had one of those weird things happen where you nod of for 20 minutes but think you've barely closed your eyes for a second. It ended up being really lousy film making and we really were still 25 odd minutes away from the end.

I usually like bad movies too. :(

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Russel:

If you decided to see today, you had to know going in it was a suckfest. :) So just the masochist in you wanted to deal with that ;)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by mattCR

Russel:

If you decided to see today, you had to know going in it was a suckfest. :) So just the masochist in you wanted to deal with that ;)

Ha ha, no I went and saw it last friday. In my defence, I'm a comic book fan, and as such, am used to bad reviews on comic based movies. So while I didn't expect it to be the greatest movie ever, I certainly thought it wouldn't be so damned boring. I can deal with bad movies, not boring assed ones like this one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks