What's new

Zootopia 2 (Disney Animation) (2025)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Title: Zootopia 2 (Disney Animation) (2025)

Genre: Mystery

Cast: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jason Bateman

Release: 2023-11-26

Plot: The sequel to Zootopia (2016.)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Bob Iger just confirmed that another Zootopia movie is "in the works."

The forum software wanted a release date to make the thread, so I added today's date. Obviously, that is not the case. I will update the release date whenever Disney announce more information.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bob."Barrel Scraper" iger is back. Why is he announcing sequels to Toy Story and Frozen like as if they never had any? Did he forget that Tory Story has already had 3 of them and Frozen has had one?

Zootopia is about the only film out of all of them that warrants a sequel.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Why is he announcing sequels to Toy Story and Frozen like as if they never had any? Did he forget that Tory Story has already had 3 of them and Frozen has had one?

Of course he knows that. He called them "some of our most popular franchises."

I love all three of those, so I would certainly welcome new installments if they are good. But I hope they have stories worth telling and they aren't just brand extensions for the sake of brand extensions.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Good. Zootopia had a great world that’s ripe for exploring.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
How a bout a sequel to The Princess and the Frog? Isn't that the movie about which they're re-doing Splash Mountain? Seems like they'd want to bring that back with something current.

How about another Tangled?

And are these all going to theaters, or just for D+?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
And are these all going to theaters, or just for D+?

Toy Story 3 and 4, both Frozen films and Zootopia all made a billion dollars each. Why wouldn't they go to theaters? These are exactly the kind of franchise films that Disney excels with in the theatrical marketplace.

How a bout a sequel to The Princess and the Frog?

That movie was hand-drawn. I genuinely don't know if Disney has enough traditional animators left to do another full-length feature film like it at this point. They might or might not. The hand-drawn animation sequences in Mary Poppins Returns were outsourced to another studio instead of having Disney do them in-house. The last time Disney made a hand-drawn animated film was Winnie the Pooh in 2011. However, Tiana is getting a Disney+ series, which I suspect will be a bunch of shorts like the Baymax and Zootopia ones last year. There has been no word as to whether the Tiana show will be hand-drawn.

How about another Tangled?

Walt Disney Television Animation already did that with a Disney Channel TV series that produced 60 episodes. Alan Menken won his Emmy (the final award which completed his EGOT) for writing one of its songs.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Zootopia 2 has been scheduled for November 26, 2025. I have updated the release date in the first post accordingly.

Along with Moana 2 announced today, this will give Disney two consecutive sequels releasing in their traditional Thanksgiving window. That happened once before with Ralph Breaks the Internet in 2018 and Frozen II in 2019, respectively.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks