What's new

Where to report Paypal Scam? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
OK folks, I just received the email pasted below, and would like to report this obvious scam to Paypal Officials. There's got to be someway to get this person reported, but I don't know if [email protected] would work.
Any ideas? Below is the email I received..
Thanks!
>>To all PayPal Members:
I would not normally do or send you this type of message, but I am sending this to you for the
following reasons ONLY:
MANY PayPal Members have little to no balance in their accounts. I THINK this is a way for those with low PayPal Accounts
to get SOME money into them...easily...with the risk of $1.
NOW HERE'S THE DEAL:
************************************************** **********************************************
You can have hundreds of dollars in short order
in your PayPal Account.
This is a completely anonymous and private program;
A self-liquidating loan NOT run by any one person.
Send $1.00 to the PayPal Email Account in the number
one (#1) position. Then delete the email in the (#1)
position and move every email up one line. Then, put
your email address in the (#3) position and send this
to as many RESPONSIBLE people as you can.
Risk $1.00 and SEE.
************************************************** **********************************************
1. [email protected]
2. [email protected]
3. [email protected]
"SEND $1.00 (1 dollars) to the (#1) Email ONLY". Then, move every email up (1) position - (#1 being removed).
Put Your Email Address, (that your PayPal Account is under), in the (#3) position. Then, email to responsible
people who want some very EASY cash. Easy huh?
Once you have completed the steps, send an blank email to the person in the (#3) position with subject:
"Thanks, I've Joined". This will help everyone keep track of their progress.
Now is the time to re-build your PayPal Account with borrowed money. Loans that are self-liquidating over time.
IMPORTANT: This is FAIL PROOF... I assure you that... (Anything OTHER than instructed above will NOT work).
Really... DO IT RIGHT, or don't bother.
Don't have a PayPal Account? You receive an instant $5 for signing up, and $5 per referral for all those who open a PayPal Account
under YOUR affiliate link.
Get YOUR Account now, Go To:
https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=3GPB5HYYSWPRW
Try it and see your Paypal Account in SERIOUS CREDIT.
*Note*
If for some reason the (#1) persons account is unable to accept payments, do NOT let this stop you from
participating. Everyone is responsible for their own PayPal Account. Simply follow the instructions as if
a payment was made.
Best Regards,>>

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
PayPal has a section in it where you can report buyer fraud, if you have an account. If you don't, you probably can use the general privacy complaing form.

I cant get the link to work, but if you follow the privacy link off the bottom of the page, then the "contacting us" section. There is a link to the form to submit your complaint.

In my past dealings with paypal, they do read all their mail and respond within a week or so.

And I think its great you're reporting this. People often aren't smart enough to know that pyramid schemes never work.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III

I say let them learn the hard way. Anyone who would even consider sending a dollar to a random account because of some spam deserves to lose it.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
I had I roomate try the pyramid scheme in college, but he used snail mail, and had to stuff hundreds of envelopes. After all was said and done he got maybe $2 from a couple of gulible people like himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks