What's new

What's your go-to snack and beverage for your blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I don't let my Blu-Ray eat snacks. :mellow:

I on the other hand am fidgety so I do eat some type of snack. Typically of a chip/tortilla chip variety, a chip with a dip if I'm feeling fancy, or popcorn (stove top popper using coconut oil and flavorcal theater salt, no butter.) During the week I drink water, on the weekends I have a pop. If I'm not hungry I'll snack on sunflower seeds to keep my hands busy.

It's rare I don;t have some kind of snack when I'm watching. :(

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Just tried out HTF member Mark Booth's secret for making theatre-grade popcorn at home. Putting it the oven, after popping, for half an hour at 93 degrees Celcius was a marvellous trick. By the way - he writes "200 degrees" in his guide and I found out quite quickly that this was degrees Fahrenheit!

http://markshangout.com/blog/category/home-theater

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Coffee, or if it's in the evening, a glass or two of wine, & if it's later on in the evening, my favourite unhealthy snack, a slug of bourbon & a bit of 70% dark chocolate, I find they go very well together (it can go with the film, a western is bourbon, but a swashbuckler would have to be wine).

...but it's going to have to be coffee in the new year, I always go dry for the first three months.

Well I lasted six weeks this year. It's a troubled world we live in & I need the alcohol.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Oh, wait I think I read that all wrong...I personally don't snack much but I do like some sort of cocktail while watching a picture.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Smucker's Natural peanut butter with unsalted crackers. Arizona green tea,or Light ice cream with a lot of Fruit ! It's all Good ! : )

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I may be incapable of watching Twin Peaks (or really, any David Lynch) without coffee. It can be decaf if necessary but the two are pretty intertwined in my brain.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I may be incapable of watching Twin Peaks (or really, any David Lynch) without coffee. It can be decaf if necessary but the two are pretty intertwined in my brain.
Not sure if one could call it a snack, but nearly 30 years ago I showed Blue Velvet at medical school to some of the students. Had the laserdisc hooked up to a Barco projector in the very prestigious Anatomy Auditorium. Through quite considerable deviousness, I managed to order a huge cylinder of nitrous oxide (laughing gas) via the Department of Physiology. The audience were then able to have generous inhalations of laughing gas, every time Dennis Hopper started sucking on his inhaler in the film. Definitely glad I wasn't caught!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
This is the topic for our next HTU show on September 6th. If you think you’d make a good guest and have interesting things to say about home theater snacking and hosting food for guests give me a PM please!

beverages too!

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
For my HT, no beverages other than water. My son tried the alcohol route and fell asleep...spilled it on himself but not on the carpet or chair...lucky him!. Me, only water. even though the carpet/patting is 10 years old, not good to spill something on it.

Candy is okay. The next day I use a flashlight to look under the chairs for wayward pieces.

Tried out my twin 2 year olds in the HT last week...that didn't work out...to squirrely. I'll try next year, hopefully they'll be more ....fill it in yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks