What's new

What Songs Do You Relate To? (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Listening to Bruce Springsteen's "Fourth of July, Asbury Park" made me realize who I connect certain songs to certain times or events in my life. For instance, that song, "Einstein on the Beach," "Long December," and the Cars' "Drive," and a bunch of Jimmy Buffet songs make me all nostalgic for my early childhood when we used to go to the beach as a family, because we always listened to those song in the car on the way there and back. So how about you all?

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
"Should I Stay or Should I Go" reminds me of when I was considering leaving a job and the boyfriend who worked there.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Area Codes by Ludacris just because I got hoes... in different area codes.
Or maybe Too Hot by The Specials just because I'm too hot.
What about Slow Ride by Foghat just cause I like taking it easy and I'm usually in the mood, the rhythm is right, I move to the music, and ride all night?
Then there's Asshole by Denis Leary cause in real life, I'm an asshole. Now if there was only a song called "Elitist Bastard."
You know, I could have fun with this topic all day. And I deserve props for mentioning Ludacris and Foghat in the same post. :D

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
John Wayne's not dead, he's frozen. And when we find a cure for cancer we're gonna thaw out the Duke and he's gotta pretty pissed off. Ya'know why? Well have you ever taken a cold shower? Multiply that by fifteen million and that's how pissed off the Duke's gonna be. I'm gonna get the Duke, and Lee Marvin, John Cassavettes, Sam Peckinpah, and a case of whiskey, and drive down to Texas...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks