What's new

VCI 60 - 85 Percent Off Sale Until 11/12/21 (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
VCI has a great 60-85 percent off sale until 11/12/21! Check out some of these GREAT prices The Green Hornet Serial Collection $5.99!
The newly released Angel On My Shoulder Blu Ray/DVD combo $9.88, their GREAT restoration of Gang Busters Blu Ray $9.98, DVD $7.98 Their great version of White Zombie $17.46 their great Blu Ray of Flame Over India $13.96 check it out! https://www.vcientertainment.com/

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo

cinefan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
Thanks for the tip on this sale. It also includes the blu-rays of the Flicker Alley/Mary Pickford Foundation restorations of Little Annie Rooney and Fanchon The Cricket for just $8.99 each.

I sprang for Little Annie Rooney as well as a few other titles:

TOPPER COLLECTION, THE × 1 $9.98
COTTAGE TO LET × 1 $4.99
GANG BUSTERS - 2K RESTORED SPECIAL EDITION Blu-ray- 4K RESTORATION × 1 $9.98
LITTLE ANNIE ROONEY × 1 $8.99
ANGEL ON MY SHOULDER (4K) × 1 $9.98

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Thanks for the tip on this sale. It also includes the blu-rays of the Flicker Alley/Mary Pickford Foundation restorations of Little Annie Rooney and Fanchon The Cricket for just $8.99 each.

COTTAGE TO LET × 1 $4.99
You are welcome! Funny you grabbed the Topper Collection I just saw it too on their site! Going to grab it again as a Christmas gift for a friend! Let me know what you think about Cottage To Let, our friends across the pond made some of the best WWII films while being bombed!

cinefan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
You are welcome! Funny you grabbed the Topper Collection I just saw it too on their site! Going to grab it again as a Christmas gift for a friend!
I've had that set in my cart on Amazon for ages, just watching for a price drop. I guess VCI has put some (all?) of these out on Blu now but DVD is good enough for me on these titles, especially at 10 bucks.
Let me know what you think about Cottage To Let, our friends across the pond made some of the best WWII films while being bombed!
Looking forward to watching that one; I've never seen it. My favorite of the British during-the-war-and-about-the-war genre is "Went The Day Well?" from 1942. I highly recommended it if you've never seen it.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I've had that set in my cart on Amazon for ages, just watching for a price drop. I guess VCI has put some (all?) of these out on Blu now but DVD is good enough for me on these titles, especially at 10 bucks.

Looking forward to watching that one; I've never seen it. My favorite of the British during-the-war-and-about-the-war genre is "Went The Day Well?" from 1942. I highly recommended it if you've never seen it.
Yes I love that film!! Film Movement just put out a great war set in blu ray and dvd! Have u gotten VCI's The Way Ahead? https://www.vcientertainment.com/product/way-ahead-the/

John_Simpson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John C Simpson
VCI has a great 60-85 percent off sale until 11/12/21! Check out some of these GREAT prices The Green Hornet Serial Collection $5.99!
The newly released Angel On My Shoulder Blu Ray/DVD combo $9.88, their GREAT restoration of Gang Busters Blu Ray $9.98, DVD $7.98 Their great version of White Zombie $17.46 their great Blu Ray of Flame Over India $13.96 check it out! https://www.vcientertainment.com/
Steal is right! Just got 5 discs for unbelievable prices. Thanks for posting this!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Steal is right! Just got 5 discs for unbelievable prices. Thanks for posting this!
You are welcome!! VCI has been crushing the serial restorations! I love a lot of their RANK British Films as I said on a previous post check out Cottage To Let a great really unknown war gem. John Mills surprises in this film for sure. Sale ends 11/12!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
You are welcome!! VCI has been crushing the serial restorations! I love a lot of their RANK British Films as I said on a previous post check out Cottage To Let a great really unknown war gem. John Mills surprises in this film for sure. Sale ends 11/12!
Their sale ends tomorrow 11/12 yes this is a great release and the price is nice! I love this collection! I liked the third film too Joan Blondell and Eddie "Rochester" Anderson never disappoint. "Topper Takes A Trip" was a pleasant surprise too. I love the bit by Arthur Lake (of Blondie fame) in "Topper" https://www.vcientertainment.com/product/the-topper-collection/

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
VCI extended the BIG sale to 11/14/2021!

cinefan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen

COTTAGE TO LET × 1 $4.99

I received my discs from this sale yesterday. The Little Annie Rooney set is indeed the Flicker Alley blu-ray/DVD combo done in cooperation with the Mary Pickford Foundation; I was skeptical thinking perhaps it was a listing error since the set is supposedly out-of-print and the price seemed too good to be true. I also sampled about 5 minutes of one of the chapters of the Gang Busters blu-ray. Holy crap! I'm not as super-discerning about transfers as many are here, but to me it looked amazing -- it looks like it was shot yesterday rather than 80 years ago. In fact I sampled little bits of all the discs I bought and was not disappointed by the look of any of them.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I received my discs from this sale yesterday. The Little Annie Rooney set is indeed the Flicker Alley blu-ray/DVD combo done in cooperation with the Mary Pickford Foundation; I was skeptical thinking perhaps it was a listing error since the set is supposedly out-of-print and the price seemed too good to be true. I also sampled about 5 minutes of one of the chapters of the Gang Busters blu-ray. Holy crap! I'm not as super-discerning about transfers as many are here, but to me it looked amazing -- it looks like it was shot yesterday rather than 80 years ago. In fact I sampled little bits of all the discs I bought and was not disappointed by the look of any of them.
Yes agree on Gang Busters! I have gotten a lot of their new serial restorations and they are stunning, have you checked out Cottage To Let or Topper Collection? Their new release of Angel On My Shoulder frees this classic from PD Purgatory it looks really good. I hope they do the serial with the Dead End Kids soon.

Last edited:

cinefan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
Yes agree on Gang Busters! I have gotten a lot of their new serial restorations and they are stunning, have you checked out Cottage To Let or Topper Collection? Their new release of Angel On My Shoulder frees this classic from PD Purgatory it looks really good. I hope they do the serial with the Dead End Kids soon.

Other than sampling the discs, I haven't watched the Topper Collection yet. My wife and I watched the Cottage To Let DVD last night and both liked it very much. It's a very involving story -- part comedy, part espionage thriller, part mystery, part wartime propaganda. And what a great cast -- a lot of fun. The DVD left a lot to be desired though. My Oppo initially wanted to play it stretched to widescreen for some reason, but that was an easy settings fix. The transfer itself seemed to have its share of anomalies with occasional weird pulsing in the picture -- unless I just got a bad disc this one did look a bit like something from PD purgatory :biggrin: . However the sound was clear and we were involved enough in the film that it was never overly distracting (my wife didn't mention anything was amiss but she's even less sensitive to such matters than I). For 5 bucks I'm really not complaining too much and was glad to see it -- I do see from Googling there is supposed to be a nice blu-ray of it from Network that came out just last year, presumably Region B.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Other than sampling the discs, I haven't watched the Topper Collection yet. My wife and I watched the Cottage To Let DVD last night and both liked it very much. It's a very involving story -- part comedy, part espionage thriller, part mystery, part wartime propaganda. And what a great cast -- a lot of fun. The DVD left a lot to be desired though. My Oppo initially wanted to play it stretched to widescreen for some reason, but that was an easy settings fix. The transfer itself seemed to have its share of anomalies with occasional weird pulsing in the picture -- unless I just got a bad disc this one did look a bit like something from PD purgatory :biggrin: . However the sound was clear and we were involved enough in the film that it was never overly distracting (my wife didn't mention anything was amiss but she's even less sensitive to such matters than I). For 5 bucks I'm really not complaining too much and was glad to see it -- I do see from Googling there is supposed to be a nice blu-ray of it from Network that came out just last year, presumably Region B.
My "Cottage To Let" is exactly the same, VCI's source comes from the rights holder, I do not think it is a title that the BFI would restore so this is probably the best we will get. It reminds me of "The Holly and The Ivy" A really kind of neglected XMAS classic from the early 1950's. Here in NY the film used to be shown usually 1am etc around XMAS on WPIX. Last time it was shown was in the mid 1970's, Four years ago I got a MOD copy of it - the picture was clear and crisp and the sound good but the film had the same pulsing you mention on "Cottage To Let." That Christmas I e-mailed TCM asking if they would ever air the film, surprise that XMAS they aired it and it was basically the same exact print. Your thoughts on "Cottage To Let" though are spot on - a really unheralded World War II gem from across the pond. Looking forward to your thoughts on the "Topper" collection. KINO by the way has put out "The Holly And The Ivy" pick it up before XMAS you will really love - another great Brit cast! https://www.kinolorber.com/product/the-holly-and-the-ivy-dvd

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I've got that Kino on blu! Yeah, I love that film too. I guess we have similar taste. Tis the season (almost) to pull that disc out again.
Yes we do seem to be on the same page on all things film! My really fave XMAS film is between these 4 films "Scrooge" 1951, "The Bishop's Wife," "Miracle On 34th Street," and "Babes In Toyland." Followed by "White Christmas," "Holiday Affair" 1949, "Scrooge" 1970 Have you seen "Bush Christmas" a really offbeat film filmed in 1947 I think, in Australia really a fun little gem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks