What's new

Used or referbed Crown amps (1 Viewer)

Jonathan T

Second Unit
Anyone know where I can pick up used or referbed Crown amps? Specificly a CE2000, I tried Audiogon but there were only 2 amps on there. I'd like to avoid paying 600 for a CE2000 if possible.

RussKon

Stunt Coordinator
jonathon,

you might want to consider some of the used carver amps that are out there....alot of power...good track record ...and no fan noise...

just a thought...

i actually sell crown amps at the distributor level, but i have two carver amps in my home system....

for what it's worth...

russ

RussKon

Stunt Coordinator
qsc is another good option...probably best bang for the buck in new amplifiers out there...i sell alot of the qsc amps....

russ

Jonathan T

Second Unit
I decided on the QSC RMX1450. It puts out 200 watts less at 4 ohmns than the CE2000 but the sub I'll be powering with the QSC can only handle 500 watts, I figure 50 watts won't make to much of a difference. I'll check in WinISD. If I need more volume in teh bass area, I'll just build another sub. The QSC will only be amping music below 80 hz. Also, are there any amps that are made just to amp low frequency sound?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
not in the market here Russ, but which QSC's are you selling? regarding the crown amps, you might want to check with local places like Guitar Center as they may have some stock.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Guitar center is a great place to check for these pro amps. They do carry QSC as well. You may be able to negotiate your way to a great deal.

RussKon

Stunt Coordinator
chu,

the distributor i work for is direct to qsc...i can sell anything in the line...

russ

Jonathan T

Second Unit
Greg, that's why I picked that amp. Gives me wattage I need for 400, a lot less than the CE2000. I checked parts express before any other place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks