What's new

Tweeter doesnt go below sticker price on Toshiba 57HX81?? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
I ordered a Toshiba 57HX81 from Tweeter last night.
Price(including tax and shipping): $3200
The guy wouldnt budge on the price, after me badgering him for a while. So i told him I would order it, and if I found it cheaper elsewhere, I would cancel the order.
So, has anyone been able to get Tweeter to come down from sticker price.
Or does anyone know of a B&M store selling the 57HX81 for under $3000.
I am really considering ordering this beast online. Can get it for $2800 shipped.
Any suggestions?
Jeff Peake.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Best Buy's regular price is also $2999, but they regularly have 10% off coupons bringing the price to $2699. That would be the most I would pay for the set. If I were you though, I would also consider the 65" version which is only slightly more than the 57" price-wise.

Matt Rising

Auditioning
I had the same experience when purchasing my Panasonic CT-34WX50 HDTV. The price said $3999. When I asked the salesguy how much he wanted for the set he pointed to the price tag on the TV.
After I informed him that the price was too steep and that I could find it online or at other retailers for less he came back with the "Sure but they don't offer our level of service and our blah blah blah" and stated that it was store policy not to haggle. After 15 minutes of haggling about the no-haggle policy I left.
Too bad for him as he had just spent more than an hour of his time being extremely helpful and attentive while I explored the TV's capabilities. Needless to say I purchased it for around $2800 from another store. I would have purchased it from Tweeter if they had dropped to $3300.
So, yes, Tweeter is willing to lose sales to show a higher margin.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
Well, I just found a store selling the 65HX81 for $2999 + $65 for delivery (no sales tax cause they are in NH).
Here is the contact info, if anyone is interested.
STATE STREET DISCOUNT
3613 LAFAYETTE RD, RTE 1
PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801
603-436-7047
As soon as Tweeter credits my card for my cancelled 57hx81 order, I am gonna order the 65" model from these people, for $200 less than the total on the 57HX81 from tweeter!!!
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks