What's new

Tosh XS32 vs. Starchoice DSS receiver (1 Viewer)

Rick P.

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up an XS32 recorder and the IR Blaster doesn't work with my *Choice receivers. Both are older units (301 and 401). The case says they're made by Motorola and the manuals say General Instrument. Either way, both makes supposedly use the same set of codes so I don't think it matters as none of them work. I ran into the same problem with my JVC 7500U SVHS VRC but assumed at the time that the problem was specific to the JVC.

I've tried all the various codes in the manual for every DSS manufacturer (it took awhile :frowning:) and still no luck. I've tried all of the receiver codes on the DSS unit (000, 001, 002 and 003) with no luck. Has anyone got this combination to work together before and know what a valid code is? I know they are older units but they work fine (albeit slowly) so I'd hate to have to drop more $$$ on a new receiver just to get it working.

Thanks,
Rick

joe buscema

Auditioning
i have the same problem buddy and i've been up and down the internet asking about it to no avail, no body replied.

i even emailed toshiba canada about it and they never replied.

all i can figure on my own is that you can't program dbs boxes.

good luck, you'll need it.:wink:

Rick P.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the input. I too sent an Email off to Toshiba Canada. Maybe I'll be more lucky getting a response than you were and, if so, will let you know what they have to say.

Rick

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
I got the XS32 the other day and too thought it did not recognize my Sony DSS. Then it turned out the IR blaster seems a little sensitive. I moved it around for awhile until I found a spot where my receiver finally detected the signals. Might not be your problem, but might be worth a shot.

Rick P.

Stunt Coordinator
Joe - looks like we're SOL...

Rick
---------------------------------------------------------

From Starchoice:

> Please accept our apology for not responding sooner to your e-mail.
>
> The RD-XS32 does not have the proper codes to operate the Star Choice
> Satellite equipment .
>
> We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
>
> Regards.
> Al
> Toshiba Canada (CEG) Customer Support

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks