What's new

To the detractors of the bus jump in 'SPEED', let me ask you this... (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
At least CGI the damn helper wheels from under the bus, arg!
Yeah, I always hated that too. I can believe or enjoy that gag/stunt, but animate out that booster wheel even with a non-CGI method.

And Chris' memory/problem with the scene is the same as mine. Unlike him, I just watched it not too long after I picked up the Five Star edition, so it's still a bit fresh for me.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Well, without getting really picky. In 'Speed' the bus doesn't have a ramp (within the story) to be projected that far, the little incline wouldn't be enough.

In 'Temple of Doom' the cart is basically falling from the higher track to the lower track (physically possible) and only strains credibility by the wheels actually landing perfectly on the tracks.

Although both strain credibility, 'Speed' asks much more of your suspension of disbelief than 'Indy.'

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
#1: I found all of Speed to be crap. The whole thing was unbelievable. Taking a corner in a bus, while running into stopped cars, and mantaining 50 MPH, right... The jump was the clincher, I thought it was horribly executed.

#2: Like people already said, Speed sets itself up in the world of reality, while Indiana Jones is set in the world of make believe. The entire series is full of magic. One cart jump isn't going to distract me.

#3: The way they set up those jumps. In the real world, the Speed jump is never going to happen, not in a million trys. The Temple of Doom jump, is more a matter of luck, the odds could be 1 in a million, but it could happen. Indiana Jones is the kind of man to defeat those odds.

Aaryn Chan

Supporting Actor
The thing is that the bus jumped 45 degrees upward.. and when it's landing, it's landing with the front wheals first.. which means it landed at 0 degree.
That's shit. Even if Speed if one of my favorite movie :)

NickFoley

Stunt Coordinator
People on here are having problems with the Speed Bus Jump, just because the gap was added by means of CGI? give me a break. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks