What's new

Things to see and do in San Diego? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I'm attending a conference (ESRI) in San Diego from August 7th to the following friday (13th)...so other then the obvious Zoo what else is a must see? We'll have a rental car for the weekend for sure but not likely during the week.

I came across these so far...

Balboa Park
San Diego's crown jewel and the nation's largest urban cultural park, this 1,200-acre treasure boasts 15 museums, exquisite art galleries, lush gardens, the award-winning Old Globe Theatre, fine dining and the World-Famous San Diego Zoo.
www.balboapark.org

Seaworld Adventure Park
Shamu and his friends are making a big splash here on a daily basis. But don't forget the other amazing shows and attractions including the new "Journey to Atlantis".
www.seaworld.com/seaworld/ca

LEGOLAND California
"Block" out some time for this interactive, imaginative family theme park that is the only one of its kind in North America. Where else can you find 1,000 models fabricated from 30 million Legos!
www.lego.com/legoland/california

The World Famous San Diego Zoo
Who can resist our giant pandas? Or the 4,000 other rare and endangered birds, mammals and reptiles who call this 100-acre tropical paradise "home."
www.sandiegozoo.org/zoo/visitor

The Gaslamp Quarter
Charming Victorian-style buildings, old-fashioned gas lamps and brick walkways provide a truly stunning setting for one of San Diego's most exciting dining, shopping and entertainment districts. And it's at the Convention Center's doorstep.
www.gaslamp.org

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Do yourself a favor and find the Paradise Point Resort near Sea World. It's basically a resort tucked away from public view, probably the nicest in San Diego. You don't have to actually be staying there to experience it. There's a restaurant, a nice outdoor bar area with occasional live bands where you can stand on this small bridge and watch wild sea life swim past underneath(say hi to the shark!). You can rent jet-ski's, paddle boats, etc as well. Also you can stroll along an uncrowded beach area. Perfect couple thing but nice regardless. My family lives in the North County, which is nice in itself, but when we want to get away this is the default choice.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Scott I'd love to play Torrey but there's no way I can afford those green fees! I'd like to see the club house though

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Golf in San Diego was really cheap when I was there in 1997.

Too bad you're not in SD this week, since it's the week of the San Diego Comicon, which has turned into more of a multi-media event, where Hollywood stars show up to promote their upcoming projects/films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks