Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Untitled The Batman Sequel

Genre: Crime, Drama, Action

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson

Release: 2025-10-03

Plot: Sequel to the 2022 film The Batman.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I've never been a big fan of Batman, but I did enjoy the Nolan series.

If we go by early reviews, it does seem like a slam dunk that there would be a sequel. It also shows how WB/DC keep on going back to the Batman well since it's such a popular character.

How many actors has it been now since 1989 (cinematic versions)? Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale, Affleck, and Pattinson...

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I vote for these guys...

Walter White Batman.jpg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoyed The Batman, but could this one be, like, an hour and forty tops?
I just saw the first one a few days ago and it felt like the movie ended at a certain point so the next hour (?) or so made the movie feel even longer to me. It's not a bad movie by any stretch but I would have liked it a lot more if it had been much shorter.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This is not a surprise. But it is still good to have officially confirmed anyway. I really like what Matt Reeves did with the first film and look forward to seeing more of his vision of Gotham and the progression of these characters.

Also, this appears to have the distinction of being the first official greenlight from the new Warner Bros. Discovery company management.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Maybe, if they are to use the Joker, and with him already in prison, he'll act like a Hannibal Lecter type, where Batman comes to him on occasion for his knowledge of the criminal underground (as shown in the deleted scene). And who knows, maybe he breaks out (like Hannibal does in Silence of the Lambs!) to set the stage for The Batman 3 (maybe not as the main villain, but someone who haunts Bruce).

Barry Keoghan has tough shoes to fill, since the actors who have played the Joker in live-action films since 1989 (Nicholson, Ledger, Leto, and Phoenix) are all Oscar-winners, with Ledger and Phoenix winning for playing the very part. So Batman's #1 nemesis (arguably), given his psychological complexity, suggests the enlistment of an Oscar-calibre actor. Go for it, Mr Keoghan!!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks