What's new

Tangled (Disney live action remake) (2025)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Tangled (Disney live action remake)

Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Family, Fantasy, Romance

Release: 2025

Plot: A live action remake of tangled. It is in the works at Disney

DVBRD

Second Unit
Real Name
Andy
I'll believe this to be true when Deadline/Variety/Hollywood Reporter confirms. Right now, it's just a rumor at this point. A believable rumor at that.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It would seem to me that there isn't very much in development at this moment because there aren't writers working right now.

That being said, Disney will clearly want to do this at some point because all of their hit animated films are getting redone. The only question is when to do it.

Even a year ago, I would have said that Tangled is still too recent and they should wait on this one. But they are burning through their older titles at an absurdly fast pace. So they are bound to get to this one. Also, they've already announced a remake of Moana, which came out six years after Tangled. And Universal is jumping on the train too by remaking How to Train Your Dragon, which came out the same year as Tangled. So clearly this isn't too recent anymore.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This is clickbait.

Disney has yet to officially confirm that this alleged project actually exists. Neither have industry trades.

There are no writers working on development right now because they are all on strike. There are no actors auditioning for roles right now because they are all on strike.

None of this about Tangled stuff is sourced at all.

It would not surprise me at all if Disney eventually remakes Tangled. But I would be very skeptical about any reporting on this this point in time.

And here's something that HAS been confirmed by the industry trades: Baz Luhrmann is under a first-look deal at Warner Bros. that he signed after the success of Elvis. His next film will almost certainly be for them, which means it won't be for Disney.

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks